Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do you like buying garbage?

Get yourself a floor lamp from Good Earth Lighting.
http://www.goodearthlighting.com/

I slid one of their floor lamps out of a corner over the weekend to vacuum
around it, and the weight inside the base crumbled like a giant cookie.
Nice. The company says "We've heard of this before", but they won't cover it
even though it's just a month or two out of warranty.

First one I bought went bad within a month. The company shipped me a
replacement and told me to toss the old one in the trash. That should
provide some idea of how little they pay for this junk from China.

Crumbled weighting substance. Seemed heavier than it should've for its size,
after I scooped it all into a bag. Probably the pulverized bones of Chinese
dissidents, mixed with lead:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...g?t=1261427795

What's left to work with:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...g?t=1261427865

I'll probably epoxy some bricks to the top of the base. Or something.

she don't want to pay for garbage service. west[_3_] Home Ownership 2 October 7th 09 01:44 AM
Buying Garbage Disposal Patrick C Home Repair 6 November 16th 08 10:50 PM
Space garbage Ignoramus15131 Metalworking 13 September 11th 08 04:03 AM
garbage disposal Dottie Home Repair 7 March 31st 08 11:21 PM
House buying 101 -- simple house-buying terms defined Ablang Home Ownership 0 June 11th 05 03:14 AM