Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 175 sq ft home

"[NEW YORK] Zaarath and Christopher Prokop -- and their two cats -- live in
the smallest apartment in the city, a 175-square-foot "microstudio" in
Morningside Heights the couple bought three months ago for $150,000 [$857/sq
ft]."

With pic and detailed floor plan
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz0ZJoUHSNa

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 10, 3:12*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[NEW YORK] Zaarath and Christopher Prokop -- and their two cats -- live in
the smallest apartment in the city, a 175-square-foot "microstudio" in
Morningside Heights the couple bought three months ago for $150,000 [$857/sq
ft]."

With pic and detailed floor plan
*http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m..._couple_makes_....

"Honey, I need some time alone. I'll be in my…ummm…side of the room."

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Dec 10, 3:12 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[NEW YORK] Zaarath and Christopher Prokop -- and their two cats -- live
in
the smallest apartment in the city, a 175-square-foot "microstudio" in
Morningside Heights the couple bought three months ago for $150,000
[$857/sq
ft]."

With pic and detailed floor plan
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m..._couple_makes_...

Wow. The amount of money they **** away on restaurants must be epic. They
could probably afford a "real" apt. if they actually cooked their food
instead of eating all meals out. Their "maintenance fee" is more than my
mortgage payment AND my taxes, yet their entire apartment would fit in my
living room. And my house is only 1800 sq ft. I think keeping two cats in a
space that small amounts to animal cruelty. Those people are nuts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 10, 2:12*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[NEW YORK] Zaarath and Christopher Prokop -- and their two cats -- live in
the smallest apartment in the city, a 175-square-foot "microstudio" in
Morningside Heights the couple bought three months ago for $150,000 [$857/sq
ft]."

With pic and detailed floor plan
*http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m..._couple_makes_....

2 people 2 cats in a 14 x 12.5 ft room all winter, it must smell nice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 14:12:19 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

"[NEW YORK] Zaarath and Christopher Prokop -- and their two cats -- live in
the smallest apartment in the city, a 175-square-foot "microstudio" in
Morningside Heights the couple bought three months ago for $150,000 [$857/sq
ft]."

With pic and detailed floor plan
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz0ZJoUHSNa

"Maybe I'll just get Christmas-tree pajamas and wear them around,"
laughed Zaarath. "That'll be good."

They could use a wall bed and get another inch or two of space :-/

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message
On Dec 10, 2:12 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[NEW YORK] Zaarath and Christopher Prokop -- and their two cats -- live
in
the smallest apartment in the city, a 175-square-foot "microstudio" in
Morningside Heights the couple bought three months ago for $150,000
[$857/sq
ft]."

With pic and detailed floor plan
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m..._couple_makes_...

2 people 2 cats in a 14 x 12.5 ft room all winter, it must smell nice.

Well...as long as they dump the litter and replace it with fresh every
single day (or scoop it several times a day) it should be fine. I prefer 1.5
cats per box (two boxes for every three cats), but 2 cats to one box is ok.
Hell, they don't have room for more than one box. And they have to feed the
cats ON the counter? I guess that's ok, since they never have any food
there. Again, those people are crazy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"[NEW YORK] Zaarath and Christopher Prokop -- and their two cats -- live in
the smallest apartment in the city, a 175-square-foot "microstudio" in
Morningside Heights the couple bought three months ago for $150,000 [$857/sq
ft]."

With pic and detailed floor plan
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz0ZJoUHSNa

So they live in a 'house' that is smaller than either one of my
'garden sheds'. But. . . upper Manhattan for $150K ain't bad.
People pay a lot more than that for a parking space.

"The couple will pay off their mortgage in two years, . . . . They
will then be saddled only with their maintenance fee, which is just
over $700 a month.

Don't know which is more beyond my comprehension - that they only will
have a 2 yr mortgage-- or that their 'rent' will still be $700. Do
you still have property taxes in a co-op- or is that part of the
maintenance fees?

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

think hoa fees. you still have property taxes. maint fees are for everything
from your wall paint outwards in your condo.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
"[NEW YORK] Zaarath and Christopher Prokop -- and their two cats -- live

in
the smallest apartment in the city, a 175-square-foot "microstudio" in
Morningside Heights the couple bought three months ago for $150,000

[$857/sq
ft]."

With pic and detailed floor plan

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz0ZJoUHSNa

Nothing new, think of the folks that live in a travel trailer.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"[NEW YORK] Zaarath and Christopher Prokop -- and their two cats -- live in
the smallest apartment in the city, a 175-square-foot "microstudio" in
Morningside Heights the couple bought three months ago for $150,000 [$857/sq
ft]."

With pic and detailed floor plan
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz0ZJoUHSNa

I could live there alone with maybe an aquarium, but the cats have to
go. But for that moany you can almost buy a mansion here in
Tennessee.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"[NEW YORK] Zaarath and Christopher Prokop -- and their two cats -- live in
the smallest apartment in the city, a 175-square-foot "microstudio" in
Morningside Heights the couple bought three months ago for $150,000 [$857/sq
ft]."

With pic and detailed floor plan
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz0ZJoUHSNa

I could live there alone with maybe an aquarium, but the cats have to
go. But for that moany you can almost buy a mansion here in
Tennessee.

Agreed. But IMHO, anybody who voluntarily lives in Manhattan is insane
by definition. (Of course, maybe they have never been off the island and
simply don't know any better. They did a survey once, and a surprising
percentage of 20-somethings had never been elsewhere. It just never came
up, and since they live at the center of the known universe, they had no
reason to be curious.)

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"[NEW YORK] Zaarath and Christopher Prokop -- and their two cats --
live in the smallest apartment in the city, a 175-square-foot
"microstudio" in Morningside Heights the couple bought three months
ago for $150,000 [$857/sq ft]."

With pic and detailed floor plan
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz0ZJoUHSNa

I could live there alone with maybe an aquarium, but the cats have to
go. But for that moany you can almost buy a mansion here in
Tennessee.

Agreed. But IMHO, anybody who voluntarily lives in Manhattan is insane
by definition. (Of course, maybe they have never been off the island
and simply don't know any better. They did a survey once, and a
surprising percentage of 20-somethings had never been elsewhere. It
just never came up, and since they live at the center of the known
universe, they had no reason to be curious.)

reading the article, they started in the south, moved to jersey, moved to a
new apt in ny, then here. downsizing every time. pretty soon they'll be in a
cardboard box.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I'm not so sure...

Excerpted from:

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/rea...te/condos1.asp

"Condo or co-op? What's the difference?"

Property taxes: Because condos are owned individually, they appear in
the property tax rolls as separate entities and, accordingly,
individual owners are taxed separately.

The entire property co-op is owned by the corporation, so it appears
on the tax rolls as a single piece of property. The corporation pays
the property taxes and passes along the cost to the tenant-
shareholders, usually as part of the monthly maintenance fee.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 10, 2:12*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[NEW YORK] Zaarath and Christopher Prokop -- and their two cats -- live in
the smallest apartment in the city, a 175-square-foot "microstudio" in
Morningside Heights the couple bought three months ago for $150,000 [$857/sq
ft]."

With pic and detailed floor plan
*http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m..._couple_makes_....

The damn cats would make it a living hell.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RickH" wrote in message
On Dec 10, 2:12 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[NEW YORK] Zaarath and Christopher Prokop -- and their two cats -- live
in
the smallest apartment in the city, a 175-square-foot "microstudio" in
Morningside Heights the couple bought three months ago for $150,000
[$857/sq
ft]."

With pic and detailed floor plan
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m..._couple_makes_...

The damn cats would make it a living hell.

Esp. when each of them weighs 15 lbs, are very entitled, and sleep sideways
on the bed.
--
EA, who knows of what he speaks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
"[NEW YORK] Zaarath and Christopher Prokop -- and their two cats -- live in
the smallest apartment in the city, a 175-square-foot "microstudio" in
Morningside Heights the couple bought three months ago for $150,000 [$857/sq
ft]."

With pic and detailed floor plan
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz0ZJoUHSNa

Hmmm,
Smaller than our 5th wheel trailer!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I wonder what the maintenance fees are for a cardboard box in
Manhattan.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Didn't The City of New York try some of those hi-tech automated
restrooms at one time? Two legged critters took up residence in
them and turned the program into an expensive boondoggle, that
experience could give you an idea of the cost of upkeep of a tiny
abode in Manhattan. *snicker*

TDD