Posted to alt.home.repair

Default YOUR policy on Xmas lights

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Dec 3, 7:46 pm, "Steve B" wrote:

You really don't want to **** God off!

PLONK!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"h" wrote in message

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Dec 3, 7:46 pm, "Steve B" wrote:

You really don't want to **** God off!

PLONK!

Visit from Auntie Flo?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 4, 11:11*am, "h" wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

On Dec 3, 7:46 pm, "Steve B" wrote:

You really don't want to **** God off!

PLONK!

Gee, I wonder why my feelings aren't hurt...
Posted to alt.home.repair

You mean that your usent posts won't appear on one computer,
in one house, in one town, in one city, in one state, in one
nation. Somehow, your life is essentially unchanged. I've
had that same experience, when someone hurls the dreaded
"plonk" at me. So? Who cares? Maybe you and I are both
callous and unfeeling?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
You really don't want to **** God off!

PLONK!

Gee, I wonder why my feelings aren't hurt...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Earlier generations sacrificed virgins, sheep, firstlings,
and so on. We sacrifice Christmas tree bulbs. About the time
Jews put a Menorah in the window, and I'll admit. I'm not
sure what Islam does in the winter. Daily fasting for
Ramadan? I should know that kind of thing.

Will I get plonked? The h, I will!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

If I do that much work for Halloween and then don't bust my
butt for
Christmas, I believe that there will be lightning, floods,
famine and
pestilence befalling my household.

You really don't want to **** God off!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Earlier generations sacrificed virgins, sheep, firstlings,
and so on. We sacrifice Christmas tree bulbs. About the time
Jews put a Menorah in the window, and I'll admit. I'm not
sure what Islam does in the winter. Daily fasting for
Ramadan? I should know that kind of thing.

Will I get plonked? The h, I will!
snip

Plonking is forbidden by The Book of Mormon.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
Just spent a blustery day in forty acre ranch putting up Christmas lights.
That was after two days of testing countless strings and changing dozens of
lights. Broke two nails and my manicure looks terrible.

I told my wife two years ago that I would not put up Christmas lights again.
Last year, she acted like she didn't even hear me, and we ended up going to
Hawaii anyway, so weren't even here to see our lights. Out of spite, I left
them up till Fouth of July.

This is work for an old fart who ain't supposed to be on the roof. Heart
surgery, broken back, balance problems. Temperature 40 and the wind
blowing 30 all day. Wife sez, let the Mexicans do all the roof stuff.

So, they go up there, and when daisy chaining lights, can't figure out not
to leave two live leads sticking out on the end of a chain! Can't figure
out how to configure cords, MOS's and timers, either, so who has to go up on
the roof to make sure someone doesn't burn down the house?

In the meantime, I got other money making projects lined out the door, and I
got to waste a week on Christmas lights total.

What's YOUR policy on Xmas lights. Next year, it ain't gonna be pretty
anywhere around my house.

This IS the last year.

I have one string of white under the front porch all year. It makes
very nice mood lighting, especially in the summer when we might be out
on the porch after dark. I have no real christmas lights, can't hardly
see the house from the road. Besides, my christmas spirit is filled
looking at other peoples lights so I don't need my own.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 3, 7:46*pm, "Steve B" wrote:

What's YOUR policy on Xmas lights. *Next year, it ain't gonna be pretty
anywhere around my house.

No outdoor lights. Ever. When we see a house all lit up, we start
humming the "Rocky & Bullwinkle" theme and thinking about
used car lots.

The Christmas tree in the bay window on the front of the house is
enough. And stockings hung by the chimney with nails. (Hung
from the mantel, actually.)

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 4, 1:42*pm, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Dec 3, 7:46*pm, "Steve B" wrote:

What's YOUR policy on Xmas lights. *Next year, it ain't gonna be pretty
anywhere around my house.

No outdoor lights. *Ever. *When we see a house all lit up, we start
humming the "Rocky & Bullwinkle" theme and thinking about
used car lots.

The Christmas tree in the bay window on the front of the house is
enough. *And stockings hung by the chimney with nails. *(Hung
from the mantel, actually.)

Cindy Hamilton

"And stockings hung by the chimney with nails. "

Aren't they supposed to be hung with care?

I'm pretty sure I saw some care on sale in the latest Harbor Freight
ad.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 3, 7:46 pm, "Steve B" wrote:

What's YOUR policy on Xmas lights. Next year, it ain't gonna be pretty
anywhere around my house.

No outdoor lights. Ever. When we see a house all lit up, we start
humming the "Rocky & Bullwinkle" theme and thinking about
used car lots.

The Christmas tree in the bay window on the front of the house is
enough. And stockings hung by the chimney with nails. (Hung
from the mantel, actually.)

Cindy Hamilton

"And stockings hung by the chimney with nails. "

Aren't they supposed to be hung with care?

I'm pretty sure I saw some care on sale in the latest Harbor Freight
ad.

reply:

Translated into Mandarin Chinese, "care" comes out 16d duplex coated ring
shank sinker nails.

HTH

Steve ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote

What's YOUR policy on Xmas lights. Next year, it ain't gonna be pretty
anywhere around my house.

My husband is the one who gets a kick out of them and he puts them up. We
have simple ones and little clips (clear plastic) in the eves so he just
uses a regular ladder. Single story place.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"cshenk" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote

What's YOUR policy on Xmas lights. Next year, it ain't gonna be pretty
anywhere around my house.

My husband is the one who gets a kick out of them and he puts them up. We
have simple ones and little clips (clear plastic) in the eves so he just
uses a regular ladder. Single story place.

Yeah, I bought some of those. They make it a lot easier. Still, you need a
ladder, but a lot of it can be done from the ground with that pole.

steve

LED Xmas lights Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 9 December 24th 08 05:52 PM
Xmas tree lights Rick Hughes UK diy 15 December 14th 08 02:51 PM
outdoor xmas lights [email protected] UK diy 20 December 9th 05 02:17 PM
LED Xmas lights Steve Kraus Home Repair 68 December 5th 05 11:00 PM
xmas lights voltage/wattage steve UK diy 13 January 1st 04 05:51 PM