Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wireless weather station

George wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
Revisiting beaten path. Tired of looking out to read the dial.
Just for reading outside temperature, any recommendation/suggestion?
TIA,

I would just install a low end (mainly to address your requirement)
wireless weather station such as this:

http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/7034it/index.php

Hi,
Thanks all. Found La Grosse low end one on sale for 19.00.
That'll do it for me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I looked at these units at Wal-mart last year. The outside sensor was
only good down to 0 degrees F. I bought one at Lowes last week that was
rated to minus 40 degrees (necessary here). So far it is working fine.
The sensor is mounted on a post about 50 feet from the house to get the
lowest possible reading on very cold nights. The sun can get on it but
at 6 AM that is not a problem.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')