Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wireless weather station

On Dec 2, 8:42*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
Revisiting beaten path. Tired of looking out to read the dial.
Just for reading outside temperature, any recommendation/suggestion?
TIA,

Be careful with the low-end units. I've tried a few brands and have
always had problems with the outdoor readings.

I currently have a slightly older version this AcuRite model:

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/giftn...00590Large.jpg

It currently reads - - for the outside temp, even after changing the
batteries. That means it has lost communications with the outdoor
unit.

What I find it that on occasion I have to take it outside and set it
next to the transmitter until it locks in. Then I can bring it inside
until the next time it loses reception. This happens 2 - 3 times a
year, sometimes even right after changing the batteries and resetting
them as per the instrcutions.

I had the same problem with another low-end unit that I got as a gift.
Sorry, but I don't recall the brand.