Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bomb-proof wallpaper

From Popular Science magazine.

Useful for girding your utility closet as protection from an exploding water
heater, your garage in case you can't stop quickly enough, or the kitchen
for those times you have an unattended pressure cooker.

Video
http://www.popsci.com/bown/2009/vide...-wrecking-ball

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

http://www.popsci.com/bown/2009/vide...lpaper-vs-wrec
king-ball

When I was in my 20's working in the shop, the crapper stalls should have
been lined with that stuff. Those old *******s (who just happen to be my
age now) were prety rough at times.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:35:25 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

From Popular Science magazine.

Useful for girding your utility closet as protection from an exploding water
heater, your garage in case you can't stop quickly enough, or the kitchen
for those times you have an unattended pressure cooker.

Video
http://www.popsci.com/bown/2009/vide...-wrecking-ball

My take is that whatever you do, the wall needs fixing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
From Popular Science magazine.

Useful for girding your utility closet as protection from an exploding
water heater, your garage in case you can't stop quickly enough, or the
kitchen for those times you have an unattended pressure cooker.

Video
http://www.popsci.com/bown/2009/vide...-wrecking-ball

Is it bullet proof for drive by shootings? ww

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
From Popular Science magazine.

Useful for girding your utility closet as protection from an exploding water
heater, your garage in case you can't stop quickly enough, or the kitchen
for those times you have an unattended pressure cooker.

Video
http://www.popsci.com/bown/2009/vide...-wrecking-ball

That's neat but I'd like to see a test on a supporting wall. I don't
think a brick wall in this shape is going to hold much besides itself.
Imagine the weight of another brick wall above it.