Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default I understand why new furnaces are more efficient, but why AC?

I think I understand why new furnaces are more efficient, but why AC?

I finally read an explanation about the exhaust air being cooler, as
low as 90 degrees F from gas furnaces, and more heat extracted from
the fire to heat the house, in new furnaces. I presume new oil
furnaces are more efficient the same way.

But why are new AC's more efficient. There is no cold air going up
the chimney with an old AC. I presume that if the refrigerant doesn't
lose all its coldth, warm up to room temperature, in the AC evaporator
inside the main air duct, when it returns to the condensor, it's that
much easier to condense because it is colder, and less heat has to be
radiated out from the condensor fins. So iiuc there is no loss there,
at least if that pipe is insulated.

So why are the new ACs more efficient?

Now I understand Clint Sharp Electronic Schematics 41 October 25th 09 05:36 AM
Please Help me understand... Don Dando Woodworking 3 November 12th 07 01:17 PM
Need to understand George UK diy 8 April 1st 07 10:01 AM
Energy Tax Credit for Efficient Furnaces John R Home Repair 5 February 13th 06 01:40 AM