Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Requesting help for AO Smith Water Heater...

Hi,

I own a condominium which uses a AO Smith Natural Gas Model FPS 40 216
Water Heater. I imagine it was installed at the time the condo was
built which would be around 1989. The pilot lights fine but I am
having a problem with the burner igniting. I've tried the instructions
listed on the barrel which explain how to jump start the pilot but it
doesn't work.

Can someone direct me to something online or recommend a local service
center for doing basic repairs? Seems like something simple but I
would like to know any options I have before investing in a new model.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

-Greg