Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Foundation Flashing?

The floor of my screen porch is about a foot off the ground. To close off
the opening between that and the ground (base of the foundation) there a
rather brittle thin surround of a white corrugated material. I need to
replace some pieces. What is the proper name for this and where can I find
some?

Thank you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I suspect you are seeing what is known as a "skirt." Likely the sort
of stuff you use on house trailers to fill in the gap. Comes as kits,
IIRC. Strip to anchor it at the top, then you dig it into the ground
and anchor with some aluminum pins. The sections interlock.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"professorpaul" wrote in message
I suspect you are seeing what is known as a "skirt." Likely the sort
of stuff you use on house trailers to fill in the gap. Comes as kits,
IIRC. Strip to anchor it at the top, then you dig it into the ground
and anchor with some aluminum pins. The sections interlock.

Thanks!
Yes, it's very similar to what I've seen around mobile homes/trailers.
Searching on mobile home skirting turns up some info. It looks like a
rather obscure item that isn't likely to be found in local stores, but there
are some online sources.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:02:40 -0400, "GTS" wrote:

"professorpaul" wrote in message
I suspect you are seeing what is known as a "skirt." Likely the sort
of stuff you use on house trailers to fill in the gap. Comes as kits,
IIRC. Strip to anchor it at the top, then you dig it into the ground
and anchor with some aluminum pins. The sections interlock.

Thanks!
Yes, it's very similar to what I've seen around mobile homes/trailers.
Searching on mobile home skirting turns up some info. It looks like a
rather obscure item that isn't likely to be found in local stores, but there
are some online sources.

If you have a mobile home / RV supply center locally they may help.
Not sure where you are located.

Flashing CFL - Will Water Cause This? TheScullster UK diy 3 April 18th 09 01:16 PM
How to keep your VCR from flashing 12:00 Terry Home Repair 7 April 1st 07 09:26 PM
Flashing The Medway Handyman UK diy 15 December 9th 06 02:48 PM
help flashing a PIC 12F629 Electronics Repair 2 October 20th 06 04:34 PM
Can copper flashing be used over existing galvonized flashing? Jay Spenchian Home Repair 10 August 22nd 03 05:42 PM