Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot Water Heater?

When someone uses the term "hot water heater" on this NG, oftensomeone
else jumps in to ask, "Why would you want to heat HOT water?"

I noticed that Arlo felt that way in 1993:

http://arloandjanis.com/wise%20cracks.htm

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:09:09 -0400, jeff_wisnia wrote:
When someone uses the term "hot water heater" on this NG, oftensomeone
else jumps in to ask, "Why would you want to heat HOT water?"

Obviously it's to distinguish from a cold water heater, which is one that
hasn't been properly fitted yet or is broken, or a warm water heater that
partially works.

Posted to alt.home.repair

jeff_wisnia wrote:

When someone uses the term "hot water heater" on this NG, oftensomeone
else jumps in to ask, "Why would you want to heat HOT water?"

I noticed that Arlo felt that way in 1993:

http://arloandjanis.com/wise%20cracks.htm

My neighbor pointed out that his heater heats *hot* water. Mine is
set at 120degrees and I call the water that comes out "Hot". His is
set at 140. So he takes 120 degree water and continues to heat it
to 140.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

"jeff_wisnia" wrote in message

When someone uses the term "hot water heater" on this NG, oftensomeone
else jumps in to ask, "Why would you want to heat HOT water?"

Ummm................to KEEP the hot water hot?????????????????

Posted to alt.home.repair

jeff_wisnia wrote:

When someone uses the term "hot water heater" on this NG, oftensomeone
else jumps in to ask, "Why would you want to heat HOT water?"

I noticed that Arlo felt that way in 1993:

http://arloandjanis.com/wise%20cracks.htm

Jeff

A hot water heater is a boiler.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

jeff_wisnia wrote:

When someone uses the term "hot water heater" on this NG, oftensomeone
else jumps in to ask, "Why would you want to heat HOT water?"

I noticed that Arlo felt that way in 1993:

http://arloandjanis.com/wise%20cracks.htm

Jeff

yes, and it's NOT a pin number or a nic card either. but you hear
those terms constantly.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve Barker wrote:
jeff_wisnia wrote:

When someone uses the term "hot water heater" on this NG, oftensomeone
else jumps in to ask, "Why would you want to heat HOT water?"

I noticed that Arlo felt that way in 1993:

http://arloandjanis.com/wise%20cracks.htm

Jeff

yes, and it's NOT a pin number or a nic card either. but you hear
those terms constantly.

You left out "ATM machine".

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/22/2009 3:06 PM HeyBub spake thus:

jeff_wisnia wrote:

Steve Barker wrote:

jeff_wisnia wrote:

When someone uses the term "hot water heater" on this NG,
oftensomeone else jumps in to ask, "Why would you want to heat HOT
water?" I noticed that Arlo felt that way in 1993:

http://arloandjanis.com/wise%20cracks.htm

yes, and it's NOT a pin number or a nic card either. but you hear
those terms constantly.

You left out "ATM machine".

And VIN.

You meant "VIN number", of course.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jeff_wisnia" wrote in message

When someone uses the term "hot water heater" on this NG, oftensomeone
else jumps in to ask, "Why would you want to heat HOT water?"

I noticed that Arlo felt that way in 1993:

http://arloandjanis.com/wise%20cracks.htm

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Right. I assume this comes from mixing the two names for what is most often
the same thing; "hot water storage tank", and "water heater".

Posted to alt.home.repair

jeff_wisnia wrote:

Steve Barker wrote:

jeff_wisnia wrote:

When someone uses the term "hot water heater" on this NG,
oftensomeone else jumps in to ask, "Why would you want to heat HOT
water?" I noticed that Arlo felt that way in 1993:

http://arloandjanis.com/wise%20cracks.htm

yes, and it's NOT a pin number or a nic card either. but you hear
those terms constantly.

You left out "ATM machine".

And VIN.

You meant "VIN number", of course.

No, I meant VI-Number (pronounced "Vee-Number")

Posted to alt.home.repair

jeff_wisnia wrote:
Steve Barker wrote:
jeff_wisnia wrote:

When someone uses the term "hot water heater" on this NG,
oftensomeone else jumps in to ask, "Why would you want to heat HOT
water?"

I noticed that Arlo felt that way in 1993:

http://arloandjanis.com/wise%20cracks.htm

Jeff

yes, and it's NOT a pin number or a nic card either. but you hear
those terms constantly.

You left out "ATM machine".

Jeff

I knew there was another... Couldn't think of it. LOL!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 21:39:13 -0500, Steve Barker
wrote:

jeff_wisnia wrote:
Steve Barker wrote:
jeff_wisnia wrote:

When someone uses the term "hot water heater" on this NG,
oftensomeone else jumps in to ask, "Why would you want to heat HOT
water?"

I noticed that Arlo felt that way in 1993:

http://arloandjanis.com/wise%20cracks.htm

Jeff

yes, and it's NOT a pin number or a nic card either. but you hear
those terms constantly.

You left out "ATM machine".

Jeff

I knew there was another... Couldn't think of it. LOL!

More redundancies:

AC current
DC current
DVR recorder