Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Torque to 80 lb-in how?

I am using no hub couplings to connect drain pipes and the couplings are
made of stainless steel clamps with a 3/8" hex head with specifications
called for tightening to 80 pound-in.

I have a torque wrench that will tighten to 60 pound-inch and then releases
but not 80, and I don't want to pay a lot of money to for a 90 pound-in
torque wrench just to tighten 2 couplings and will not have a use for it
ever. Is there any trick anyone can think of that would allow me to tighen
to that specification?

Thanks,

MC

Torque D.M. Procida UK diy 3 January 12th 09 02:22 AM
Measuring torque on a motor with a leadscrew with a torque wrench Don Foreman Metalworking 0 January 23rd 08 07:30 AM
Measuring torque on a motor with a leadscrew with a torque wrench Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 0 January 21st 08 10:51 PM
All Torque? The Medway Handyman UK diy 19 August 1st 07 11:14 PM
Torque Nirvana Woodturning 17 October 13th 05 02:42 AM