Posted to alt.home.repair

Default exterior stucco

I would not expect much if any insulation value from your new
surface. The adhesive and bonding characteristics of Dryvit type
coatings are tremendous. I assume you want a different surface
which would require a base coat and a finish coat. An actual
stucco contractor may offer other or better choices. Adding a
foam insulation course under the EIFS will add cost and depth to
the installation.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Saltspring Cathy" wrote in
message
roups.com...
HI -- we have recently bought a 70's stucco house (what's it
called with
the
embedded sharp bits of rock or quartz). I'm wondering if it's
possible to
plaster
over it (perhaps with lightweight concrete made with
vermiculite/perlite,
to keep
the weight down and a bit of insulation), to end up with a plain
adobe-looking
stucco finish. The stucco seems to be in excellent repair,
though you can
easily
dislodge some of the rock chips. Any ideas if new stuff would
stick OK
simply with
a clean surface? Thanks, Cathy