Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing excess grout

Angela wrote:
If grout is already dry but has not been sealed yet, what is the best
way to remove (scrape off?) it from the adjusted to the edge area of
the travertine tile?

On ceramic tile, vinegar in water is used to remove fresh grout haze.
On marble, vinegar might affect the gloss. I would first try a marble
cleaner - follow label instructions. A non-abrasive plastic scrubber or
stiff nylon brush would probably help without scratching marble. Your
question is confusing. Is this polished? Tumbled? Floor? Large area?

I did a google search on "travertine remove grout haze" - lots of hits,
including commercial products:
http://www.custombuildingproducts.co...= pro&lang=en
http://forums.findstone.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2409#
Posted to alt.home.repair

Angela wrote:
If grout is already dry but has not been sealed yet, what is the best way
to remove (scrape off?) it from the adjusted to the edge area of the
travertine tile?

On ceramic tile, vinegar in water is used to remove fresh grout haze. On
marble, vinegar might affect the gloss. I would first try a marble cleaner -
follow label instructions. A non-abrasive plastic scrubber or stiff nylon
brush would probably help without scratching marble. Your question is
confusing. Is this polished? Tumbled? Floor? Large area?

I did a google search on "travertine remove grout haze" - lots of hits,
including commercial products:
http://www.custombuildingproducts.co...= pro&lang=en
http://forums.findstone.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2409#

The tiles are filled and polished. The affected area is where a wall
meets the shower stall floor made of small "mosaic" pieces. The first
row from the wall have been pasted over just yesterday.