Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing excess grout

Angela wrote:
If grout is already dry but has not been sealed yet, what is the best
way to remove (scrape off?) it from the adjusted to the edge area of
the travertine tile?

I only know of two ways to remove grout:
1. scrape
2. acid

Travertine is a form of calcium carbonate and acid would eat it as well as
the grout. Calcium carbonate is also very soft and can easily be
scratched/damaged by scraping with steel.

I don't know what you mean by "adjusted to the edge area of the travertine
tile" but I'd try a wooden scraper. Hard wood.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Angela wrote:
If grout is already dry but has not been sealed yet, what is the best
way to remove (scrape off?) it from the adjusted to the edge area of
the travertine tile?

I only know of two ways to remove grout:
1. scrape
2. acid

Travertine is a form of calcium carbonate and acid would eat it as well as
the grout. Calcium carbonate is also very soft and can easily be
scratched/damaged by scraping with steel.

I don't know what you mean by "adjusted to the edge area of the travertine
tile" but I'd try a wooden scraper. Hard wood.

Sorry for confusion, here is what happened: while applying some fresh
grout over a seam (to fix a wrong colored stretch) it was pasted over
the adjoining tiles.

Would using even fine sandpaper lead to the surface damage as well?