Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Diamond blade for HF multipurpose power tool

1) The half moon #27673 diamond blade for tile grout and such, which
has been on back order from Harbor Freight, is now in stock and
shipping. Mine arrived today in time for some chores that the # 67274
plain metal blade can't handle.
2) Some sanding kits shipping with the tool have to have the pad
modified to keep from unscrewing in use. The large washer supplied
with the kit must be installed by drilling out the pad with a 1" hole
saw to accommodate the washer. Take care to only remove the rubber pad
material, not the metal backing.
Overall. the HF MP tool continues to be a dandy low cost problem
solver and beats everything for price. The single speed so far has
been no disadvantage at all.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 2, 10:34*pm, Joe wrote:
1) The half moon #27673 diamond blade for tile grout and such, which
has been on back order from Harbor Freight, is now in stock and
shipping. Mine arrived today in time for some chores that the # 67274
plain metal blade can't handle.
2) Some sanding kits shipping with the tool have to have the pad
modified to keep from unscrewing in use. The large washer supplied
with the kit must be installed by drilling out the pad with a 1" hole
saw to accommodate the washer. Take care to only remove the rubber pad
material, not the metal backing.
Overall. the HF MP tool continues to be a dandy low cost problem
solver and beats everything for price. The single speed so far has
been no disadvantage at all.

Glad to hear it's working out well for you. Out of curiosity, have
you ever used a MF tool with variable speed?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Oct 2, 9:56*pm, RicodJour wrote:

snip

Glad to hear it's working out well for you. *Out of curiosity, have
you ever used a MF tool with variable speed?

Keeping an open mind on variable speed advantages, and no, I haven't
tried one yet. But I may give it a go if I can find my old router
speed control. Current DeWalt router is variable speed and very useful
with large bits, so similar benefits may result with the Harbor
Freight MF in some woodworking situations.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 3, 1:10*pm, Joe wrote:
On Oct 2, 9:56*pm, RicodJour wrote:

Glad to hear it's working out well for you. *Out of curiosity, have
you ever used a MF tool with variable speed?

Keeping an open mind on variable speed advantages, and no, I haven't
tried one yet. But I may give it a go if I can find my old router
speed control. Current DeWalt router is variable speed and very useful
with large bits, so similar benefits may result with the Harbor
Freight MF in some woodworking situations.

The variable speed is very useful cutting metal as well. Having a
needlessly fast oscillation wears out the blade sooner than necessary,
and, as with all of these tools, the blades end up costing a lot more
than the tool if you use the tool regularly.