Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bacteria sick shower head!

Every week or so there is something 'in the news' that's unhealthy or
causes a risk to one's well-being! These items sometimes even get 15
seconds of coverage on some TV news spot! Musta been a slow news
night?

These 'studies' or findings are often presaged by such wording as 'A
recent study of 56,000 suburban families finds that ....... yada,
yada, .... "!

This week; it's bacteria contaminated shower heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also with news "That some of these bacteria can 'resist' the
administration of household bleach!". Oh what a calamity! Cos I
occasionally bleach counter-tops and other areas and put wooden
cutting boards etc. into the dishwasher at high temps, immediately
after use!

But; not being paranoid or anything I unscrewed our shower head a few
minutes ago to NOT find any goopy green or black gelatinous mess of
creepy crawly bacteria (finding only one or two minute black stones at
the inlet). Perched it on the spout of the water kettle and boiled
steam (212 deg F) through it for two minutes (hoping the shower
insides haven't melted!).

Incidentally we are currently under a municipal 'Boil water' advisory
because a pipe broke at the local pumping and chlorination site. (Oh;
btw there's another substance, chlorine, that apparently was/is the
cause of asthma in many children ............... maybe that will be
next week's concern?

So reckon we are safe; eh? Now I have to clean the kettle!

Cheers
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 16, 7:18*am, terry wrote:
[...]

My same reation! What next "study shows that air contains bacteria
and breathing it can make you sick"?

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

terry wrote:
[...]

I think we should all shower in wet suits with scuba breathing apparatus
until solution to this serious health hazard is determined.
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 9/16/2009 10:18 AM (ET) terry wrote the following:
[...]

Ignore all these scare tactics. What about the same water that runs
through your faucets? Don't drink that? I think a lot of this doomsday
warnings are the result of bottled water advertising.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

terry wrote:

[...]

I enjoyed your post and figured a few others might enjoy it also.
after all it was in today's news....

Stuck shower head [email protected] Home Ownership 1 August 19th 06 03:07 PM
Shower Head Clogging [email protected] Home Repair 4 July 29th 05 02:50 PM
Shower pump for can type shower head. steve UK diy 3 January 16th 04 11:38 AM
Shower head PoP UK diy 9 December 22nd 03 10:42 AM
Where to put 2nd shower head... OJ Home Ownership 5 August 22nd 03 09:38 PM