Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bathroom Cabinets

Hi. I was wondering if it is possible to stain my pine bathroom cabinets
cherry. I would like to have a new look without tearing apart the bathroom
and save some money in the process. Is it possible? I would like it to
turn out natural looking. If not, is there another stain darker than pine
that I can use to give my bathroom a richer feel?

-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Aug 14, 7:54*am,
(davidlee) wrote:
Hi. I was wondering if it is possible to stain my pine bathroom cabinets
cherry. I would like to have a new look without tearing apart the bathroom
and save some money in the process. Is it possible? I would like it to
turn out natural looking. If not, is there another stain darker than pine
that I can use to give my bathroom a richer feel?

-------------------------------------

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Stain over varnish doesn't work. Consider learning how to apply one of
the faux finishes available at Lowe's and others that will give you
the look you want.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

davidlee had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ts-389154-.htm
:

Joe wrote:

Delivered via =A0http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Stain over varnish doesn't work. Consider learning how to apply one of
the faux finishes available at Lowe's and others that will give you
the look you want.

Joe

-------------------------------------

What if I were to strip the cabinets first? Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"davidlee" wrote

Hi. I was wondering if it is possible to stain my pine bathroom cabinets
cherry. I would like to have a new look without tearing apart the bathroom
and save some money in the process. Is it possible? I would like it to
turn out natural looking. If not, is there another stain darker than pine
that I can use to give my bathroom a richer feel?

Yes, as long as you fully sand them down first then stain. After staining,
apply a good top coat in several thin layers of a glossy finish that handles
getting wet if you like. You may not get a true rich full cherry, but you
can get a nice look. A hand electric sander will handle this pretty fast.