Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Help/Suggestion with my Shower Doors....

I am sorry if this message is a duplicate. I had a mishap while
trying to send it the first time and don't know if it was sent.

My shower doors each roll on 2 wheels from which they hang.
The wheels no longer roll, they are just worn out.
They do slide and I can live with it if I have to, but I'd rather not.

Home Depot told me I couldn't buy just the rollers, I had to replace
the entire door. Now this might be the case; it seems very stupid so
perhaps it is true. However, it will be a cold day in hell before I
spend several hundred dollars to replace something because a buck
fifty piece is broken. I will either live with the problem, or nip
the wheels off of something that looks like it might work and try a
little American Know-How, or at least American Try.

If anyone knows if these wheels can be purchased alone, I'd be most
grateful for the information, or anything you can tell me that would
help.

Thanks
Bonnie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 13, 11:16*pm, wrote:
[...]

My initial reaction to the HD clerk's comment...ridiculous!
go to a regular hardware store or check these out

http://www.thefind.com/hardware/info...oller-assembly

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(xx...aspx?SKU=57276

which were the results of a google search of this string

shower door rollers ace hardware

Try playing around with www.google.com

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

fftt wrote:
On Aug 13, 11:16 pm, wrote:
[...]

Using google is THE answer.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Aug 14, 1:16*am, wrote:

snip

If anyone knows if these wheels can be purchased alone, I'd be most
grateful for the information, or anything you can tell me that would
help.

If your shower door is Kohler or Sterling, call Kohler for new
rollers. You should have them if a few days.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

fftt wrote:
On Aug 13, 11:16 pm, wrote:
[...]

More...........

http://www.replacementhardware.com/

http://www.swisco.com/cl/Lavatory-Replacement-Hardware

http://www.swisco.com/cl/Lavatory-Replacement-Hardware

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 02:16:41 -0400, wrote:

[...]

What exactly do you mean "just worn out?" Did rivets/screws fail? Are
there nylon wheels that are very thin? Are all wheels coplaner? Is
the track straight, level, with any damage? Can you just replace the
wheel and not the bearing?

Please contact the manufacturer. A good company will take care of
you, possibly send you the parts you need in exchange of telling them
about the failure.