Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need Creative Suggestion: binder from Shower Stall to Wallboard

As you know...when you work on an old house, you need a lot of
creativity and non-standard solutions.

I put in a fiberglass showerstall in the bathroom in a converted
sideporch BUT one side sticks out of the wall about eight inches so I
glued greenboard to that side....leaving the gypsum edge exposed.
Temporarily, I've put black duct tape on as a binder. What can I use
permanently? There is a curved part at the top of the shower so a
straight metal U shaped channel will not do. This stumped the local
hardware guys!

Thanks for your help.

Dean in Cincy

Posted to alt.home.repair
No No is offline

Deano wrote:
As you know...when you work on an old house, you need a lot of
creativity and non-standard solutions.

I put in a fiberglass showerstall in the bathroom in a converted
sideporch BUT one side sticks out of the wall about eight inches so I
glued greenboard to that side....leaving the gypsum edge exposed.
Temporarily, I've put black duct tape on as a binder. What can I use
permanently? There is a curved part at the top of the shower so a
straight metal U shaped channel will not do. This stumped the local
hardware guys!

Thanks for your help.

Dean in Cincy

Extend out your wall and finish normally?