Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher Buttons Peeling Off

Hi,

I had a whirlpool dishwasher and it seemed like after a few years, the
"start" button on the front control panel started to crack around the
circle indentation, then finally came off.

I got rid of that whirlpool dishwasher (kitchen remodel), and the new
kitchen has another whirlpool dishwasher. This dishwasher is about 6
months old (at the most), and the same exact thing is happening to the
'start' button as well!

I remember seeing something at home depot that repairs the buttons,
but I forget what it's called and I can't find anything relating to
this. I was hoping somebody can shed some light on this problem!

Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 18:25:55 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Hi,

I had a whirlpool dishwasher and it seemed like after a few years, the
"start" button on the front control panel started to crack around the
circle indentation, then finally came off.

I got rid of that whirlpool dishwasher (kitchen remodel), and the new
kitchen has another whirlpool dishwasher. This dishwasher is about 6
months old (at the most), and the same exact thing is happening to the
'start' button as well!

I remember seeing something at home depot that repairs the buttons,
but I forget what it's called and I can't find anything relating to
this. I was hoping somebody can shed some light on this problem!

Thanks!

You need the panel membrane that covers the buttons. You can get one from
http://www.repairclinic.com/

Peel the old one off using a hair dryer to help release the sticky, and apply
the new one as you would a decal.