barry martin

Default clear silicone 'buttons'

Dave:

D wife and I went to 'big box' store today and purchased a nice light
D aluminum table for back porch use, but same table has what I'd call an
D 'openwork' surface, aka a decorative 'open' fretwork-like design lots of
D stuff in life can 'fall through', the tips of pens on paper JUST one
D example for 'starters'. we'd like to place a round glass .375 in thick
D tabletop on same table (also already purchased). problem is: the
D tabletop is intentionally made "crowned slightly"; tabletop's .250 in
D higher in the center than outer edges. so I'd like to find a source for
D ..250 inch thick clear (or "near clear") silicone "buttons", or whatever
D these things are normally called. searches of google seemed no

Perhaps use those stick-on-the-bottom-of-things things? Found with
felt and cork used to protect table tops. Have seen white and brown
and pretty sure clear. (Come in round buttons or squares.)

D help...anybody know who makes these items in 'thicker thicknesses'? and
D what ARE these dang things 'called' anyway? alternately, I could cut

Suuuu now you made it so I can't think of the name either! g

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Bla bla...blab...bla bla bla...blab blab...bla bla bla...
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *
Mzone719

Clear bumpers they are called. The hardware store near me stocks them
Wayne

McmasterCarr has clear silicone sheets in different thicknesses

http://www.mcmaster.com/
page 3287

they are great for all kinds of odd stuff if you can get by with a color
other than clear they have silicone rods 36' long for less than 10 bucks you
could cut all the dots you wanted !

many times if you juts need 1 or 2 of something they will just send it to
you free as a "sample"

Wayne

news:1683249867.7722.04.7870405.1077520293.RIMEGat ...