Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
K K is offline

Default Painting Forever Storm Doors

Hi,

I have three Forever doors installed, and there is no problem with the
doors. One of them is subject to dog paws from the inside. It's a
crossbuck door, and I can't get the toenail marks out. The Forever (EMCO)
site says the color is solid through the door and scratches should wash off.
They don't.

I think the door framing is polypropylene, but the crossbuck surface looks
and feels like fiberglass.

I just want to know if I can repaint the one surface with regular latex
house paint (which I have), or if I need enamel paint or something else.

By way of explanation, the dog doesn't scratch to go out, but she puts her
paws up to look out the window, and sometimes slides down. We leave the
inside wooden door open to avoid more damage to that, so I think this will
become a routine maintenance item.

Keith