Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Painting Forever Storm Doors

On Aug 1, 8:57*pm, "K" wrote:
Hi,

I have three Forever doors installed, and there is no problem with the
doors. *One of them is subject to dog paws from the inside. *It's a
crossbuck door, and I can't get the toenail marks out. *The Forever (EMCO)
site says the color is solid through the door and scratches should wash off.
They don't.

I think the door framing is polypropylene, but the crossbuck surface looks
and feels like fiberglass.

I just want to know if I can repaint the one surface with regular latex
house paint (which I have), or if I need enamel paint or something else.

By way of explanation, the dog doesn't scratch to go out, but she puts her
paws up to look out the window, and sometimes slides down. *We leave the
inside wooden door open to avoid more damage to that, so I think this will
become a routine maintenance item.

Keith

My guess it that whatever paint you use will probably hold up even
less than whatever is on the door now.

Perhaps you could paint it and then protect it with a piece of
Plexiglas or Lexan attached with double-sided tape or Velcro.