Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sandfilter

I have just moved into a property that hsa a inground pool, I noticed that
the multi selector valve was on recirculation and has been for 8 months
since the pool was built when I put the multi valve on filtration none of
the jets worked in the pool. Does anybody know whats wrong and how I can
fix it.
Many thank
Tony

-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair

"brownie" wrote in message
I have just moved into a property that hsa a inground pool, I noticed that
the multi selector valve was on recirculation and has been for 8 months
since the pool was built when I put the multi valve on filtration none of
the jets worked in the pool. Does anybody know whats wrong and how I can
fix it.
Many thank
Tony

If the selector doesn't allow water to pass when "Filter" is selected, I
would think that the filter is clogged rather badly. When "Back flush" is
selected, that sends water backwards through the filter to clean the filter.
During a back flush, water is taken from the pool and pumped backwards
through the filter removing debris. There should be a back flush hose or
pipe connected to the control head somewhere to direct the water away from
the pool. If that doesn't work either, I suspect that the control head is
broken and you should contact a pool maintenance company for an assessment
of the situation and for possible repairs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"brownie" wrote in message
I have just moved into a property that hsa a inground pool, I noticed

that
the multi selector valve was on recirculation and has been for 8 months
since the pool was built when I put the multi valve on filtration none

of
the jets worked in the pool. Does anybody know whats wrong and how I can
fix it.

The pump is working great, when I put it on backwash not a lot happen the
water level rises a little but theres no bubbling of water etc when I put
the valve on filter there is no movement in the pool, no manual and can't
get in touch with the pool installer.

Anomaly he when the system is set on Backwash the
pump moves pool water backwards through the filter (to
clean it) and out to waste: thus:
1. In the long run the pool level falls. It cannot rise.
2. It is normal that there should be no bubbling etc.
No water is being pumped back into the pool.
3. What is obviously missing (so far) is the backwash
outflow. If the valve is functional, Backwash should be
pumping water out of the pool (through the filter backwards).
This is why fillters have a hose connected to the backwash
port, to drain the outflow in a convenient direction. If you
have no flow out of the backwash port, your control lever
system is damaged.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs