Posted to alt.home.repair

Default pool sandfilter

Hi All
I have just move into a new home with a inground pool, although I know how
to clean the pool I need some help with the situation I'm in, the pool was
put in at least 8 months ago and when I went to clean it I notice the
multi selector valve was on recirculation and so a nieghbour told me has
not been on any other setting, now when I try to backwash there's no
movement of sand and when I put it on filtration there's no movement in
the pool (no jets working. The only thing I can think of is that the sand
in the filter has not moved and has compack solid???? Can any body help
and how can I get over my problem.
Many Thanks
Tony
-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair

"brownie" wrote in message

I have just move into a new home with a inground pool, although I know how
to clean the pool I need some help with the situation I'm in, the pool was
put in at least 8 months ago and when I went to clean it I notice the
multi selector valve was on recirculation and so a nieghbour told me has
not been on any other setting, now when I try to backwash there's no
movement of sand and when I put it on filtration there's no movement in
the pool (no jets working. The only thing I can think of is that the sand
in the filter has not moved and has compack solid????

In normal use (uncontaminated by cement) the sand
filter should never set solid.

Question no. 1 is whether the pump works OK.
If so, Q.2 is what happens when you set the valve
to Filter or Backwash. The multifunction selector
may be defective or wrongly installed.

If you take the selector off the filter you can see
whether it contains any sand. We assume you
have the manual or are in touch with the pool installer.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

brownie had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...er-384808-.htm
:

Don Phillipson wrote:

"brownie" wrote
in message

[...]

Hi Don
The pump is working great, when I put it on backwash not a lot happen the
water level rises a little but theres no bubbling of water etc when I put
the valve on filter there is no movement in the pool, no manual and can't
get in touch with the pool installer.
Thanks
Tony