Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet water level abnormality

Out of nowhere, the water level in the bowl in one of our toilets is
filling to about 3-4 inches below where it used to. It flushes
normally and the innards seem to be working fine (though the flap is
dropping back down pretty fast, perhaps faster than it used to), but
the level of the clean water in the bowl after flushing is noticeably
less than before. Not a huge problem, but I'm left wonder why. Any
ideas?

Mike
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 24, 10:24*pm, Mike wrote:
Out of nowhere, the water level in the bowl in one of our toilets is
filling to about 3-4 inches below where it used to. *It flushes
normally and the innards seem to be working fine (though the flap is
dropping back down pretty fast, perhaps faster than it used to), but
the level of the clean water in the bowl after flushing is noticeably
less than before. *Not a huge problem, but I'm left wonder why. *Any
ideas?

Mike

The float probably just needs to be slightly, maybe it moved over time.
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 19:24:13 -0700 (PDT), Mike
wrote:

Out of nowhere, the water level in the bowl in one of our toilets is
filling to about 3-4 inches below where it used to. It flushes
normally and the innards seem to be working fine (though the flap is
dropping back down pretty fast, perhaps faster than it used to), but
the level of the clean water in the bowl after flushing is noticeably
less than before. Not a huge problem, but I'm left wonder why. Any
ideas?

Mike

I had the same thing for about 4 days, with the toilet I use almost
all the time. Then it went back to normal. That was about 3 weeks
ago.

It had never happened before that I recall.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike wrote:
Out of nowhere, the water level in the bowl in one of our toilets is
filling to about 3-4 inches below where it used to. It flushes
normally and the innards seem to be working fine (though the flap is
dropping back down pretty fast, perhaps faster than it used to), but
the level of the clean water in the bowl after flushing is noticeably
less than before. Not a huge problem, but I'm left wonder why. Any
ideas?

Obstructed vent pipe?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike wrote:
Out of nowhere, the water level in the bowl in one of our toilets is
filling to about 3-4 inches below where it used to. It flushes
normally and the innards seem to be working fine (though the flap is
dropping back down pretty fast, perhaps faster than it used to), but
the level of the clean water in the bowl after flushing is noticeably
less than before. Not a huge problem, but I'm left wonder why. Any
ideas?

Mike

Maybe the little hose in the tank
slipped out of the pipe and is going
directly into the tank instead of in the
bowl.