Posted to alt.home.repair

Default refrigerator: compressor noise

A couple of months ago, we bought a Whirlpool top-freezer 'fridge.
Recently, it's developed a vibration noise, when the compressor is
running. It's not OMG-loud or anything, but it's quite noticeable,
enough to easily hear in other rooms.

I can stop the noise, by pressing (not very hard) on the compressor, or
even on its mounts. The mounting bolts aren't loose. The compressor
doesn't feel particularly hot.

Is this something to worry about? Is there a simple fix for it?

Thanks,
George
Posted to alt.home.repair

George wrote:
A couple of months ago, we bought a Whirlpool top-freezer 'fridge.
Recently, it's developed a vibration noise, when the compressor is
running. It's not OMG-loud or anything, but it's quite noticeable,
enough to easily hear in other rooms.

I can stop the noise, by pressing (not very hard) on the compressor, or
even on its mounts. The mounting bolts aren't loose. The compressor
doesn't feel particularly hot.

Is this something to worry about? Is there a simple fix for it?

Thanks,
George

It's probably not the compressor but something else "loose" or resting
against another part and making that noise.

Try touching/pushing other things to see if you can find it.

Best to use a dry wooden stick to press with, just to make sure your
skin doesn't contact an exposed electrical terminal.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Refrigerator compressor noise Homeslice Home Repair 2 August 16th 06 02:02 AM
Refrigerator noise Chris ® Home Repair 6 June 2nd 06 05:19 PM
refrigerator noise AllEmailDeletedImmediately Home Ownership 5 March 22nd 05 11:20 PM
New refrigerator noise Janet Home Repair 11 December 16th 04 03:13 AM
New refrigerator noise Janet Home Ownership 10 December 16th 04 03:13 AM