Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kerosene cans

Looking for an online source for the old type K-1 cans..The ones with a
regular vent....I HATE the new type....Tried a couple of searches including
E-Bay but only found CARB compliant cans..Thanks for any help....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Try the oldest hardware stores in your town.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"benick" wrote in message
. ..
Looking for an online source for the old type K-1 cans..The
ones with a
regular vent....I HATE the new type....Tried a couple of
searches including
E-Bay but only found CARB compliant cans..Thanks for any
help....

Posted to alt.home.repair

"benick" wrote:

Looking for an online source for the old type K-1 cans..The ones with a
regular vent....I HATE the new type....Tried a couple of searches including
E-Bay but only found CARB compliant cans..Thanks for any help....

I've spilled more gas with those new-fangled contraptions than I ever
did with a can & funnel.

I gave up pouring Kerosene a few yrs ago when I was filling a heater
for my neighbor. He had one of these-
http://www.amazon.com/TERA-BATTERY-P.../dp/B0026HFLD6

Shop around- prices go from $10-30 for essentially the same thing.

No dripping, no lifting. Batteries in mine are 2 yrs old- and hang in
an unheated and un-air-conditioned garage.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:h0n3s6
:

Try the oldest hardware stores in your town.

Your premise may be wrong...that there is one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 9, 7:39*pm, "benick" wrote:
Looking for an online source for the old type K-1 cans..The ones with a
regular vent....I HATE the new type....Tried a couple of searches including
E-Bay but only found CARB compliant cans..Thanks for any help....

Being a scientist, I naturally wanted to see how those cans worked.

I took the spout apart to it's component parts.
In re-assembling it, some parts would not re-assemble, but I did find
that the spout worked better.

:-)

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Hipupchuck wrote:
All the new plastic ventless cans suck a bag. What kind of a moronic
idea is this that you can't pour out the contents of gasoline or
kerosene cans? ...

EPA/OSHA reg ideas.

... What's wrong with these ... engineers and designers???

Nothing--they're working to regulation/requirement not of their doing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 10, 1:45�pm, dpb wrote:
Hipupchuck wrote:

All the new plastic ventless cans suck a bag. What kind of a moronic
idea is this that you can't pour out the contents of gasoline or
kerosene cans? ...

EPA/OSHA reg ideas.

� ... What's wrong with these ... engineers and designers???

Nothing--they're working to regulation/requirement not of their doing.

--

try flea market for old cans that work well

the tera pumps work awesome
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hipupchuck wrote:
benick wrote:
Looking for an online source for the old type K-1 cans..The ones with
a regular vent....I HATE the new type....Tried a couple of searches
including E-Bay but only found CARB compliant cans..Thanks for any
help....

All the new plastic ventless cans suck a bag. What kind of a moronic
idea is this that you can't pour out the contents of gasoline or
kerosene cans? What's wrong with these 2nd grade language edited moron engineers and
designers???

Nothing, it wasn't their idea.
Posted to alt.home.repair

It's for the children. We can't be killing the environment.
All the chemical vapors, what will happen!

Now, if I can only find what bodily orifice of a child to
put the spout in..... ear, maybe?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Hipupchuck" wrote in message

All the new plastic ventless cans suck a bag. What kind of a
moronic
idea is this that you can't pour out the contents of
gasoline or
kerosene cans? What's wrong with these ****ing moron
engineers and
designers???

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
"benick" wrote:

Looking for an online source for the old type K-1 cans..The ones with a
regular vent....I HATE the new type....Tried a couple of searches
including
E-Bay but only found CARB compliant cans..Thanks for any help....

I've spilled more gas with those new-fangled contraptions than I ever
did with a can & funnel.

I gave up pouring Kerosene a few yrs ago when I was filling a heater
for my neighbor. He had one of these-
http://www.amazon.com/TERA-BATTERY-P.../dp/B0026HFLD6

Shop around- prices go from $10-30 for essentially the same thing.

No dripping, no lifting. Batteries in mine are 2 yrs old- and hang in
an unheated and un-air-conditioned garage.

Jim

Thanks for the tip...I'm gonna have one of those but I still would like a
new OLD type K1 and gas can..I will have to check the flea markets...

Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

On Jun 10, 8:00*pm, "benick" wrote:

Thanks for the tip...I'm gonna *have one of those but I still would like a
new OLD type K1 and gas can..I will have to check the flea markets.

Saw 2 in a flea market today. The 5 gal was $24.95 and the 2 gal was
$18.95. Were in somewhat reasonable shape but with old metal cans you
never can tell.

Posted to alt.home.repair

George wrote:
Hipupchuck wrote:
benick wrote:
Looking for an online source for the old type K-1 cans..The ones with
a regular vent....I HATE the new type....Tried a couple of searches
including E-Bay but only found CARB compliant cans..Thanks for any
help....

All the new plastic ventless cans suck a bag. What kind of a moronic
idea is this that you can't pour out the contents of gasoline or
kerosene cans? What's wrong with these 2nd grade language edited
moron engineers and designers???

Nothing, it wasn't their idea.

No wonder I have to modify everything I buy.

How safe is it if it takes twice or three times as long to pour out the
contents and evaporate even more fuel while doing it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hack saw, fixed mine.
Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974RuppCentair

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Jun 9, 8:39*pm, "benick" wrote:
Looking for an online source for the old type K-1 cans..The ones with a
regular vent....I HATE the new type....Tried a couple of searches including
E-Bay but only found CARB compliant cans..Thanks for any help....

As of 1/1/09, there is a $500 fine *per container* for anyone selling
non CARB compliant fuel containers. Stores may sell existing stocks
of pre 2009 containers without penalty, so if you want to replace any
containers, you better do so soon. It's hell when the whole USA has
to follow screwed up California rules.

Red

non-detergent kerosene SteveB[_10_] Metalworking 1 March 22nd 09 08:11 PM
Stinky kerosene? spaco Metalworking 1 March 19th 08 10:08 PM
kerosene heater Bonnie Home Repair 10 April 29th 05 03:58 AM
What do YOU use kerosene for? Bob in Oregon Woodworking 115 March 14th 05 10:32 AM
Generator on kerosene Stormin Mormon Home Repair 49 March 13th 05 05:14 AM