Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who here has experience with Pellet Stoves?

Hipupchuck wrote in message
I read that they are very noisy; something which I had
not considered. My wood stove is quiet. I'm just tired
of getting up all hours of the night to add wood.

We looked at pellet stoves back in 1999 and whenever any of the fans kicked
in, the noise drove SWMBO nuts. The showroom sounded like a carbay at
Daytona. We decided on a gas insert. The fan was insulated and I didn't have
to worry about pellet storage.

Recently, we went looking to replace that gas insert due to gas costs. I was
stunned; the noise issue still significant and caused us to decide that it
just isn't worth making the purchase. When the fans cranked on it sounded
like a jet engine getting ready for take-off. I already have that with two
old PCs; I don't need any others adding to the interior noise.

The Ranger

Who here has experience with Pellet Stoves? AZ Nomad[_2_] Home Repair 0 May 26th 09 02:33 PM
Pellet stoves Ed Pawlowski Home Repair 1 May 25th 09 01:32 PM
Pellet stoves Joe Home Repair 0 May 25th 09 03:19 AM
Oil/Pellet Stoves? Bill LaFleur Home Ownership 285 November 18th 04 09:33 PM