Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pool Solar Covers

Hi all. I have a 16 x 32 oval inground pool. Its time for a new solar cover
.. I went
to get one today and they want to sell me a 17 x 33, and I cut to fit. I
did this with my last one and the cut looked like crap. They sell an oval
cover 16 x 32 but its for an above ground pool. Whats the differance?
tia ...........Rob
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Rob" wrote in message
Hi all. I have a 16 x 32 oval inground pool. Its time for a new solar
cover
. I went
to get one today and they want to sell me a 17 x 33, and I cut to fit. I
did this with my last one and the cut looked like crap. They sell an oval
cover 16 x 32 but its for an above ground pool. Whats the differance?
tia ...........Rob

To cut the cover put it on your pool uncut and stretch it out with some
bricks for anchors.

Then use a magic marker to carefully trace your pool. When you cut use good
scissors and pay attention. I cut mine about 2 inches too big so if I need
to I can trim it but I always end up leaving the excess. It just curls up on
the edges.

As for dirrerence: I think that the only difference is in the way the pool
cover is reeled in. I can't imagine why you couldn't use a above on an
in-ground. But I've been wrong before.

od

Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Rob wrote:
Hi all. I have a 16 x 32 oval inground pool. Its time for a new solar cover
. I went
to get one today and they want to sell me a 17 x 33, and I cut to fit. I
did this with my last one and the cut looked like crap. They sell an oval
cover 16 x 32 but its for an above ground pool. Whats the differance?
tia ...........Rob

I would just get the 16x32, either on-line or at the store.

I can't imagine the difference, other than the in-ground covers may have
the grommeted holes for a reel, whereas you don't have a reel for an
above ground pool.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 20, 2:57*pm, Rob wrote:
Hi all. I have a 16 x 32 oval inground pool. Its time for a new solar cover
. *I went
to get one today and they want to sell me a 17 x 33, and I cut to fit. *I
did this with my last one and the cut looked like crap. *They sell an oval
cover 16 x 32 but its for an above ground pool. *Whats the differance?

I doubt there is any difference.

but cutting the new one using the old one as a "first try" you
should be able to make a better cut?

I wonder how well the "precut" oval will match your pool.

cheers
Bob