Posted to alt.home.repair

Default T-103 wiring problem

-------------------------------------

I have bit of a problem installing the Intermatic T-103 timer on my pool
pump. I have tried the hot wire from the breaker box on terminal #1 with
the neutral on #3 and those going to the pump on #2 and #4 and have also
reversed #3 and #1 and #2 and #4 and still can't get the clock to work.
The two white wires that came with the timer are on A and #1. What do I
need to do to get the clock to work?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Darrell" wrote in message

-------------------------------------

I have bit of a problem installing the Intermatic T-103 timer on my pool
pump. I have tried the hot wire from the breaker box on terminal #1 with
the neutral on #3 and those going to the pump on #2 and #4 and have also
reversed #3 and #1 and #2 and #4 and still can't get the clock to work.
The two white wires that came with the timer are on A and #1. What do I
need to do to get the clock to work?

What you have, is a double pole switch, with a 120 volt clock. If you are
using it for a 120 volt pump, the neutral of the power supply as well as the
neutral for the pump, go on terminal "A". The hot leg of the 120 volt power
supply goes on terminal "1", and the wire going to the pump goes on terminal
"2". The switch between 3 and 4 is not used. If you have a 240 volt pump,
you will need a neutral to power the clock, which may not be present, in
which case you'd need timer model T104, I think, which has a 240 volt clock.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have bit of a problem installing the Intermatic T-103 timer on my pool
pump. I have tried the hot wire from the breaker box on terminal #1 with
the neutral on #3 and those going to the pump on #2 and #4 and have also
reversed #3 and #1 and #2 and #4 and still can't get the clock to work.
The two white wires that came with the timer are on A and #1. What do I
need to do to get the clock to work?

According to the instructions (
http://www.intermatic.com/~/media/fi...20english.ashx )
the clock motor is connected to 1 and 3 for 220 volts. For 120 volts the
line and load neutral gets connected to "A". For 120 volt operation there
is no need to switch the neutral. Put your line on #1 and your load on #2.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Read and follow the manual.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Darrell" wrote in
message

#1. What do I
need to do to get the clock to work?

wiring problem Neil UK diy 4 March 20th 07 12:42 PM
Wiring Problem Alan Home Repair 3 December 2nd 06 11:17 PM
Wiring problem forester UK diy 11 February 3rd 05 12:41 PM
wiring problem wioth loop in wiring and two way switching chrisc UK diy 2 December 28th 04 08:11 PM