Posted to alt.home.repair

Default T-103 wiring problem

I have bit of a problem installing the Intermatic T-103 timer on my pool
pump. I have tried the hot wire from the breaker box on terminal #1 with
the neutral on #3 and those going to the pump on #2 and #4 and have also
reversed #3 and #1 and #2 and #4 and still can't get the clock to work.
The two white wires that came with the timer are on A and #1. What do I
need to do to get the clock to work?

According to the instructions (
http://www.intermatic.com/~/media/fi...20english.ashx )
the clock motor is connected to 1 and 3 for 220 volts. For 120 volts the
line and load neutral gets connected to "A". For 120 volt operation there
is no need to switch the neutral. Put your line on #1 and your load on #2.