DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Drive dump truck over lawn? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/277978-drive-dump-truck-over-lawn.html)

RicodJour May 17th 09 03:53 PM

Drive dump truck over lawn?

On May 17, 9:07*am, wrote:
Hey everyone - just to close the loop for anyone searching in the
future, here is the rest of the story: *I was actually hoping the
crushed stone would arrive before the forklift - and I would just find
a way to get it onto a tarp on a pallet or two...but the forklift came
first. *He walked on the ground and assessed it to be okay...the
wettest spot was on my own lawn - and he did leave a couple ruts about
2-3" deep...but didn't tear the lawn up at all. *And that was a
7,000lb forklift and a 1.5ton load. *When the dump truck came - his
rig is a 26,000lb truck, with another 10,000 of material and he
wouldn't even attempt it. *He said that the 1" plywood would do
absolutely nothing except get pulverized. *He dumped on a tarp on the
lawn and we moved by hand - took about 80 trips with the wheelbarrow
less than heaping. *My back is definitely sore today. *Thanks again.

Your back will feel better the next time you do it. ;) Glad it
worked out for you.