Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default no glue vinyl

Is it any good? Waste of money? I cant find a lot of good reviews on
it, but my Menard's says they arent even going to carry glue-on vinyl
anymore because everyone ncluding contractors love the no glue.
Anyone have experience with either the sheet type or the tongue &
groove tile type? Which kind?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joe wrote:
Is it any good? Waste of money? I cant find a lot of good reviews on
it, but my Menard's says they arent even going to carry glue-on vinyl
anymore because everyone ncluding contractors love the no glue.
Anyone have experience with either the sheet type or the tongue &
groove tile type? Which kind?

Totally no-glue, or the type where you put just a dab at the edges and
at doorways? I'd have trouble trusting totally no-glue, unless it was
super-thick and stiff. Does it have a tacky no-slip backing like
commercial carpet tiles or something? (I note that at work, they
sometimes have to cheat and add dabs of glue to those, where the keep
moving around, like in doorways and where people make sharp turns on them.)

But having said that- 60-70 years ago, when poor folk had painted wood
floors, linoleum 'area rugs' for kitchens were quite common. Even as a
kid in the 60s, I saw a lot of them demoted to garage floor duty when
the kitchen got redone.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"aemeijers" wrote in message
Joe wrote:
[...]

I used 'Loose Lay' vinyl to cover my computer work station desk. If it's
made to walk and drag chairs around on, what can go wrong on a desk:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joearno...02734/sizes/o/

I also put it on my wet bar on the other side of the same room:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joearno...73544/sizes/o/

Then I used scraps for kitchen cabinet and drawer liners. Great stuff.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 6 May 2009 10:43:09 -0700 (PDT), Joe
wrote:

Is it any good? Waste of money? I cant find a lot of good reviews on
it, but my Menard's says they arent even going to carry glue-on vinyl
anymore because everyone ncluding contractors love the no glue.
Anyone have experience with either the sheet type or the tongue &
groove tile type? Which kind?

Sheet vinyl or vinyl tile?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On May 6, 10:36*pm, mm wrote:

Sheet vinyl or vinyl tile?

Both. Either one. Both are economical compared to other options..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 6, 12:43*pm, Joe wrote:
Is it any good? Waste of money? I cant find a lot of good reviews on
it, but my Menard's says they arent even going to carry glue-on vinyl
anymore because everyone ncluding contractors love the no glue.
Anyone have experience with either the sheet type or the tongue &
groove tile type? Which kind?

I used a good brand from HD, I forgot the name but it looks like
stone, for 10 kitchens in 07, its been fine. Mine needed the floor
primed and you had to use the 100lb steel roller to break the seal and
activate the 2 part Epoxy. If you dont roll what I bought the warranty
is void. 2 part glue - epoxy that you break a seal seems to be the way
to go, the apts are abused with excess washing water and have held
fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"1D10T" wrote:

I used 'Loose Lay' vinyl to cover my computer work station desk. If it's
made to walk and drag chairs around on, what can go wrong on a desk:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joearno...02734/sizes/o/

I'm shocked, just shocked. You only have nine monitors. How can
you possibly work with so few?
--
I don't understand why they make gourmet cat foods. I have
known many cats in my life and none of them were gourmets.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 6 May 2009 22:51:46 -0700 (PDT), Joe
wrote:

On May 6, 10:36*pm, mm wrote:

Sheet vinyl or vinyl tile?

Both. Either one. Both are economical compared to other options..

Ask at HD about tape down sheet vinyl. I learned about it a couple of
years ago. They use a double-sided clear tape. The trick is the floor
prep and install, so you must have an installer that knows his
business. It was a nice install, at a condo belonging to a neighbor.

Someone that installs floor goods every day would be a good place to
ask.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 07 May 2009 14:00:23 -0700, Daniel Prince
wrote:

"1D10T" wrote:

I used 'Loose Lay' vinyl to cover my computer work station desk. If it's
made to walk and drag chairs around on, what can go wrong on a desk:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joearno...02734/sizes/o/

I'm shocked, just shocked. You only have nine monitors. How can
you possibly work with so few?

Maybe he has picture in picture in a few monitors. My question is what
does Joe do, when he is not installing no glue vinyl.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

te:

On May 6, 10:36*pm, mm wrote:

you must have an installer that knows his
business.

I am the installer. I'm asking for advice on a newsgroup from a bunch
of people I dont even know. Does this sound like someone who knows his
business?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On May 7, 5:00*pm, Oren wrote:

Maybe he has picture in picture in a few monitors. My question is what
does Joe do, when he is not installing no glue vinyl.

I tear out my water damaged OSB floor and replace it with plywood so i
can lay no glue vinyl, if I decide to.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On May 6, 9:36*pm, aemeijers wrote:

What do you do if the room is too wide for a single-roll-width?

Good question, because my dining room is 14 feet wide where it turns
into a hallway and the rolls are only 12. I may use one of the tongue
and groove vinyl types for the dining room because of that...