Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning concrete pond edges without affecting fish?

We have a concrete pond with fish, and the concrete liner that is exposed to
the air has some black algae stains from when the water level used to be
higher. The new permanent water level is below the stain. What would be
the easiest way to clean the dried black algae without killing the fish?
For example bleach would be great for cleaning a white surface, except I
think that would kill everything.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 4, 9:25�pm, Red Green wrote:
"scorpster" wrote :

We have a concrete pond with fish, and the concrete liner that is
exposed to the air has some black algae stains from when the water
level used to be higher. �The new permanent water level is below the
stain. �What would be the easiest way to clean the dried black algae
without killing the fish? For example bleach would be great for
cleaning a white surface, except I think that would kill everything.

Pressure washer.

pond stores sell algea killer stuff.

use with care.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"scorpster" wrote :

We have a concrete pond with fish, and the concrete liner that is
exposed to the air has some black algae stains from when the water
level used to be higher. ?The new permanent water level is below the
stain. ?What would be the easiest way to clean the dried black algae
without killing the fish? For example bleach would be great for
cleaning a white surface, except I think that would kill everything.

Pressure washer.

pond stores sell algea killer stuff.

use with care.

OP could consult an Ichthyologists, or just borrow a book from a
library on garden ponds and water gardens.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"scorpster" wrote :

We have a concrete pond with fish, and the concrete liner that is
exposed to the air has some black algae stains from when the water
level used to be higher. ?The new permanent water level is below the
stain. ?What would be the easiest way to clean the dried black algae
without killing the fish? For example bleach would be great for
cleaning a white surface, except I think that would kill everything.

Pressure washer.

pond stores sell algea killer stuff.

use with care.

OP could consult an Ichthyologists, or just borrow a book from a
library on garden ponds and water gardens.

nature is sometimes best left natural

No work, no fuss, no hazard to fish...........

basic ignore algea.
Posted to alt.home.repair

OP could consult an Ichthyologists, or just borrow a book from a
library on garden ponds and water gardens.

Ichthyologists likely know nothing about live fish. OP would be better off
checking with a local aquarium or pond club or his neighborhood fish store.