Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Tiberio

Default Concrete cleaning

Hi all, this weekend my wife and I had a party at our house that included a
keg in the attached garage. A drinking game ended up forming out there also
and everything is cleaned up except the floor. I've mopped it twice, once
with hot water and some simple green and once with some hot water and 409
household cleaner. It still appears to be stained and sticky and the beer
odor won't go away despite the fact that it was only about 10 degrees out
yesterday and I left the garage door open for several hours to air it out.
The surface is super smooth so my initial thinking was that it couldn't have
absorbed too deep. I have some items in there that can not be moved at this
time and I fear they or their paint jobs would be ruined if I were to splash
any hard core solvents on them not to mention the fact that we have a baby
and two dogs in the house that I'd worry about fumes reaching, a power
washer is also out since it will be too difficult to contain the spray in
the area I want to clean. What can I use that is failry tame tame from the
toxicity standpoint to help restore my floor to it's prior condition?

Posted to alt.home.repair
louie

I've had to clean transmission fluid off painted concrete floor before
and had decent results with dish-soap and water and a lot of scrubbing
action with a pushbroom. I don't think you need solvents, just some
good old-fasioned elbow grease on this. Rinse the floor and broom head
clean after scrubbing - repeat as needed.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Jim Tiberio wrote:
[...]

The temperature is not going to be helping you. I suggest a detergent
(try dish detergent or buy some concrete cleaner from the DIY store. If
that does not do it, go for the power washer. In any case you will need it
to be above freezing and best a lot warmer.

Good Luck

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit