Posted to alt.home.repair

Default not enough clearance for a hammer drill

-------------------------------------

I'm doing an earthquake retrofit on my basement and seem to have run out
of options for securing the sill plate to the foundation in about half my
marked spots. The clearance is about 8" in most spots. I'd do the
universal foundation plates from Simpson but the greatest offset from
foundation to sill is 2 inches and I need about 5.

sigh

I have to go through the sill and into concrete... any solutions tighter
than 8" I'm unaware of?

thanks in advance for any help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

robertanke1 wrote:

-------------------------------------

I'm doing an earthquake retrofit on my basement and seem to have run out
of options for securing the sill plate to the foundation in about half my
marked spots. The clearance is about 8" in most spots. I'd do the
universal foundation plates from Simpson but the greatest offset from
foundation to sill is 2 inches and I need about 5.

sigh

I have to go through the sill and into concrete... any solutions tighter
than 8" I'm unaware of?

Rent a Hilti TE-5 (or newer model) that will do right angle rotary
hammer?
Posted to alt.home.repair

robertanke1 wrote:

-------------------------------------

I'm doing an earthquake retrofit on my basement and seem to have run out
of options for securing the sill plate to the foundation in about half my
marked spots. The clearance is about 8" in most spots. I'd do the
universal foundation plates from Simpson but the greatest offset from
foundation to sill is 2 inches and I need about 5.

sigh

I have to go through the sill and into concrete... any solutions tighter
than 8" I'm unaware of?

thanks in advance for any help.

Right angle hammer drill or possibly these (with a palm nailer):
http://store.qualitydist.net/sst-fa8.html