Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default not enough clearance for a hammer drill

robertanke1 wrote:

-------------------------------------

I'm doing an earthquake retrofit on my basement and seem to have run out
of options for securing the sill plate to the foundation in about half my
marked spots. The clearance is about 8" in most spots. I'd do the
universal foundation plates from Simpson but the greatest offset from
foundation to sill is 2 inches and I need about 5.

sigh

I have to go through the sill and into concrete... any solutions tighter
than 8" I'm unaware of?

Rent a Hilti TE-5 (or newer model) that will do right angle rotary
hammer?