Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Zurn Aquaflush leaking only as the flush is ending - Help!

Hi, I have a Zurn Z6000 Aquaflush and it only leaks as the flush is
ending and it stops leaking after the flush is completed. This page
shows the Aquaflush: http://www.zurn.com/operations/aquaf.../downloads.asp.

Should I replace the vacuum breaker valve?

Do I disassemble by first unscrewing the spud coupling, followed by
the coupling at the vacuum breaker? I assume I dont need to unscrew
the tailpipe coupling, right?

Thanks for any tips!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi, I have unscrewed the tub nut and the spud nut to loosen the vacuum
breaker tube, but I cannot slip out the tube so that I can change the
rubber vacuum breaker. Does anyone know how I can slip the tube out?
Do I need to unscrew the brass bolt that is attached to the toilet
bowl? Or should I rotate the valve body up? I tried to rolate the
valve body upward, but it is really tight and I hate to break
anything.

Here are some pictures:

http://www.sopmedia.com/sopguest/toilet/DSC03276.JPG
http://www.sopmedia.com/sopguest/toilet/DSC03277.JPG
http://www.sopmedia.com/sopguest/toilet/DSC03278.JPG

Any tips?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have fixed it by pulling the old vacuum breaker out through the
little gap that I have between the vacuum tube and the flush valve
body. The breaker is made of rubber, so I squeezed it and pulled it
out.

I then installed the new vacuum breaker by stuffing it through the gap
and seating it inside the vacuum tube.

Thanks!