Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default White or Grey Sch 40 PVC

On Apr 9, 7:25*pm, (scottmachado)
wrote:
-------------------------------------
Greetings,

I am running a outside circuit from my house to a patio area with a wooden
pergola. *This will be a wet area. I understand that I should use gray sch
40 pvc for the 15' of underground distance. *But, can I use the white
(plumbing) sch 40 pvc for some pieces of conduit up in the pergola? *I
need some tight 90 and 45 degree turns and don't have room for the
sweeping grey 90/45 pieces. Nor do I want to use the LB type 90 or 't'
pieces.

I can provide any more info if needed.

Thanks,
Scott

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Electrical PVC is UV resistant and very slightly flexible, among
other things. Follow code and avoid problems.
Any distributor and even some box stores will have Carlon or other
brands of gray PVC fittings. There are decent sized pull boxes, right
angles and adapters galore. You should be able to find exactly what
you need to get a competent job. Not every source will stock
everything, but Ace Hardware and others can special order unusual
fittings for you. You do know that gray PVC can be formed into small
bends with a heat gun, don't you?

Joe