Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Good ~ Better ~ Best roofing contractors in Austin Tx area?

"olddog" wrote in message

"Rich" madeyoulook@localhost wrote in message

"olddog" wrote in message
I just walked my roof after that impressive hail storm last week and I've
got some bad shingle damage.

I called my insurance company and now I need a contractor. Any fellow
Texans with suggestions?

TIA

olddog

Not from Texas but you might want to ask your Insurance agent if he has a
recommendation. Also check the better business site for complaints.

http://www.bbb.org/us/find-a-bbb/

Good luck, Rich

Thanks.

I'm going to ask my agent but it concerns me he may reccomend the lowest
price contractor.

I'll probably end up doing this like my HVAC and get several estimates and
see who has the best rap.

I'll check the BBB but I never really give that too much weight. Logic
suggest that the bigger the company the more complaints they will have.

I wonder if anyone in this group has used Angie's List and what the
results
were?

We got the same hail in Marble Falls, I have to replace two roofs, 8 or 9
windows, have two AC units fins recombed.

Replace the roof with metal. The two I have to replace will be metal.
Have two that already have metal.

There was a great deal of hail, State Troopers closed Hwy 281

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Rick Samuel" wrote:

Replace the roof with metal. The two I have to replace will be metal.
Have two that already have metal.

Are metal roofs hailproof? Don't they dent?