Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cultured marble vanity-top & sink

How would I sand the integral sink in a 20-year-old cultured marble
vanity top? Also, how would I remove grey (or black) lines in the
bottom of the sink surrounding the pop-up drain?

Posted to alt.home.repair

gcotterl wrote:

How would I sand the integral sink in a 20-year-old cultured marble
vanity top? Also, how would I remove grey (or black) lines in the
bottom of the sink surrounding the pop-up drain?

You can't. Cultured marble is made with a clear gelcoat over the colored
materal. Any sanding or abrasive cleaner will take the gelcoat off - and any
finish applied will quickly wear away.

Vanity tops are not expensive or hard to replace. Stop by your local big box
store and take a look at new ones.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 27, 11:52*am, gcotterl wrote:
How would I sand the integral sink in a 20-year-old cultured marble
vanity top? *Also, how would I remove grey (or black) lines in the
bottom of the sink surrounding the pop-up drain?

Its probably mold, let laundry bleach soak it for maybe 10 minutes, it
might help and wont hurt.

Can I cut cultured marble? Jon Wood Woodworking 18 August 23rd 18 03:05 AM
cultured marble tubs brent Home Repair 6 December 20th 07 03:46 AM
Cultured Marble vanity top [email protected] Home Repair 5 March 29th 06 03:44 PM
DIY Cultured Marble installs User Example Home Repair 4 August 24th 05 04:37 AM
Cultured marble countertop Bill Home Repair 1 January 4th 04 11:30 PM