Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lock cylinder spins around

"lloyd" wrote in message
I have a Medeco lock on my front door to my house and when you put the
key into the lock the cylinder just spins around. In fact you spin the
cylinder enough it comes out of the whole door. I had a guy come out
to take a look at it, he said it needed a screw and wanted $140 to fix
it, after $30 to come up here, I told him to leave. I know this is an
easy fix, but I don't know how to do it, anyone have experience with
this stuff?
Thanks.

Where did you find that guy? I have been a locksmith since Jimmy Carter was
in office and I can't imagine any reputable locksmith attempting to charge
$140 to snug down a loose screw.

--
Roger Shoaf

Posted to alt.home.repair

That, after a $30 house call fee. Something sounds wrong.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message

Where did you find that guy? I have been a locksmith since
Jimmy Carter was
in office and I can't imagine any reputable locksmith
attempting to charge
$140 to snug down a loose screw.

--
Roger Shoaf
If you are not part of the solution, you are not dissolved
in the solvent.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Where did you find that guy? *I have been a locksmith since Jimmy Carter was
in office and I can't imagine any reputable locksmith attempting to charge
$140 to snug down a loose screw.

It was really $1 to tighten the screw, and $139 to know which screw
to tighten.
Posted to alt.home.repair

That's cliche'd, the old one about the steam locomotive, of
course. But it's true. I do that in my business, so many
times. It's something simple. I know how to fix it, but
others do not.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus