Posted to alt.home.repair

Default QuikRete Pre-Mixed "Concrete" Question

Hello,

Have a wooden mailbox post that has loosened up quite a bit in the hole.
Probably about 1/2 to 1 inch gap around the 4 sides.

If I get the Pre-mixed Quikrete, can I "just" pour the pre-mixed power into
the hole, and add water from
a watering can to it from the ground level ?

Or, do I have to really mix the water and power into the typical paste
before pouring it into the hole ?

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello,

Have a wooden mailbox post that has loosened up quite a bit in the hole.
Probably about 1/2 to 1 inch gap around the 4 sides.

If I get the Pre-mixed Quikrete, can I "just" pour the pre-mixed power
into the hole, and add water from
a watering can to it from the ground level ?

Or, do I have to really mix the water and power into the typical paste
before pouring it into the hole ?

Thanks,
Bob

There is a mix specifically for pouring into a hole and adding water. The
regular stuff must be pre-mixed. You may want to make the hole bigger and
fill it though, for best anchorage.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert11 wrote:
Hello,

Have a wooden mailbox post that has loosened up quite a bit in the
hole. Probably about 1/2 to 1 inch gap around the 4 sides.

If I get the Pre-mixed Quikrete, can I "just" pour the pre-mixed
power into the hole, and add water from
a watering can to it from the ground level ?

Or, do I have to really mix the water and power into the typical paste
before pouring it into the hole ?

I been told that you can just dump the mix in the hole. It'll pick up enough
moisture from the environment to cure. FWIW

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 8, 2:38�pm, "Bob F" wrote:
Robert11 wrote:
Hello,

Have a wooden mailbox post that has loosened up quite a bit in the
hole. Probably about 1/2 to 1 inch gap around the 4 sides.

If I get the Pre-mixed Quikrete, can I "just" pour the pre-mixed
power into the hole, and add water from
a watering can to it from the ground level ?

Or, do I have to really mix the water and power into the typical paste
before pouring it into the hole ?

I been told that you can just dump the mix in the hole. It'll pick up enough
moisture from the environment to cure. FWIW

wood post likely rotting causing the looseness..........

there is footing concrete pour in dry mix add water.

specially made for such purposes.

i dont use concrete for poles, it sounds secure but makes impossible
top straighten or remove a pole lamp or mailbox. i have had to do all
3

dig hole insert post of your choice secure post so it remains
straight, add dirt and water. unless your soil is all sand it should
be very secure.

i would check post its probably rotted bad and about to fall apart

Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote:

dig hole insert post of your choice secure post so it remains
straight, add dirt and water. unless your soil is all sand it should
be very secure.

Or set post in hole on gravel and add crushed gravel around it. Better drainage
helps post last.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob F" wrote:

I been told that you can just dump the mix in the hole. It'll pick up enough
moisture from the environment to cure. FWIW

Yep. That's a common technique for fence posts as well.