Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drainage cleaning advice

Hi,

Lately I noticed that the drainage from laundry / Kitchen is slow which
might be because of residual deposits on inner lining on the pipes.

I tried cleaning it with drain solutions and even tried with 25' snake
pipe. I am planning to buy a 50' snake pipe and before that would
appreciate for any guidance.

Any suggestions or recommendations for good and economical drainage
cleaners who can clean the complete drainage system.

BTW, I live around West San Jose, California.

TIA,
George
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 5, 3:17*pm, George V wrote:
Hi,

Lately I noticed that the drainage from laundry / Kitchen is slow which
might be because of residual deposits on inner lining on the pipes.

I tried cleaning it with drain solutions and even tried with 25'

snake
pipe. I am planning to buy a 50' snake pipe and before that would
appreciate for any guidance.

Any suggestions or recommendations for good and economical drainage
cleaners who can clean the complete drainage system.

BTW, I live around West San Jose, California.

TIA,
George

hello,
I have fixed many drains with the 50ft milwaukee drain cleaner
(snake). The one time I couldn't fix one a real plumber who found
the clog with a tiny camera whicyh goes down the drain had and to
repair the drain line from the house to the street which required
digging up the yard. If you can't get it clean at the laundry then
perhaps you can try downstream (basement?) before you call in a pro.
Roto Rooter is one brand name that is well known.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Have you tried some real hot water?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rick Samuel wrote:
Have you tried some real hot water?

Second that. And REALLY hot water!

Put a couple of gallons from the water heater on the stove, add 1/4 cup
salt, bring to a vigorous boil.

(The salt increases the boiling temperature.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

George, pouring chemicals down the drain seldom if ever cure
plumbing problems. More often than not, they increase the
problems. There is one possible exception to this statement -
there are enzymes that eat organics that can work if the problem
is built up soap scum/lint or something else the enzyme likes.
Here is one:
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/roebic.html

The next best solution would be to hire a plumber to properly
clean the drain line and vent located in the problem area.
Impress on him that you want the pipe(s) really cleaned with the
proper size spring cutter especially if this really old cast iron
that has grown nodules inside the pipe. PVC pipe is not really
prone to this problem.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"George V" wrote in message
Hi,

Lately I noticed that the drainage from laundry / Kitchen is
slow which might be because of residual deposits on inner lining
on the pipes.

I tried cleaning it with drain solutions and even tried with 25'
snake pipe. I am planning to buy a 50' snake pipe and before
that would appreciate for any guidance.

Any suggestions or recommendations for good and economical
drainage cleaners who can clean the complete drainage system.

BTW, I live around West San Jose, California.

TIA,
George

Loft cleaning advice please George \(dicegeorge\) UK diy 8 March 16th 08 11:40 AM
Land drainage advice Skier UK diy 9 May 26th 06 05:08 PM
cleaning up an old apt need advice.. charlo Home Repair 7 April 13th 06 10:11 PM
Major drainage question - please, any advice welcome (long) nugz Home Repair 10 September 8th 05 09:44 PM
Wood cleaning & advice, please! Dave Jennings UK diy 2 September 23rd 03 09:00 PM