Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to ship a mirror?

HeyBub wrote:
Ernie Willson wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Ernie Willson wrote:
I need a company to pickup, pack and ship a mirror from Tuscaloosa
Alabama to central NJ. The mirror is about 5ft by 3 ft and the frame
is about 2 1/2 inches thick. Total weight is about 80 pounds.

Any suggestions about how to get this done (economically) would be
appreciated.

I calculated the cost via UPS to be about $300.00 which is more
than I can justify for the mirror.

Build a sturdy box and ship it motor freight. Maybe $60 in freight
charge.

Thanks for your reply, but I need what I asked for..pickup, packing,
and shipping. I am in NJ, not Ala. The shipper must do all three
things, not just shipping.

UPS doesn't pack.

UPS stores pack, as in "pack and ship".

Having emphasized your needs, you're looking for a local agent to handle the
shipping details.

You can probably find one on the cheap by posting an ad in the Tuscaloosa
(or neighboring) Craigslist.

How to ship a mirror? Oren[_2_] Home Repair 1 March 3rd 09 08:38 PM
How to ship a mirror? dpb Home Repair 0 March 3rd 09 08:18 PM
gluing mirror to plastic (car door mirror) sm_jamieson UK diy 9 December 15th 08 04:58 PM
Oval mirror - mirror leaning on tree.JPG (0/2) George Max Woodworking Plans and Photos 3 May 25th 07 11:36 PM
fixing mirror - mirror screws and bushes sm_jamieson UK diy 0 April 23rd 07 01:29 PM