Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Oval mirror - mirror leaning on tree.JPG (0/2)

Just completed. Cherry frame, 4 coats Waterlox, 2 coats Maloof
oil/wax mixture. Beveled mirror.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Very cool! Can you snap a few close ups of the carved sections?

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Oval mirror - mirror leaning on tree.JPG (0/2) (0/4)

Here ya go!

The mirror hangs flush to the wall and is held totally secure by two
hollow wall anchors into keyholes on the back of the frame.

I wish to note that this is not my design, it is David Marks from his
program Wood Works. The actual detail of the mirror is mine. David
does NOT give enough info to copy his. I could only make mine look
like his.

And because I don't have a multi-router, I did my mortises in a
different manner that arrived at the same goal. Mine is also slightly
thicker to allow room for the ball bearing guide on the roundover
bits. I guess it slipped Dave's mind to relate that detail

I did the carving mostly the way he did, with a die grinder and those
carbide burrs, but I ended up not using the rifflers, instead I used a
series of carving gouges to refine the details. I'm certainly
nobodies carver, I'd do better if I were to repeat this.

Of course even though I could easily do it, the 9 templates, the jig
for mortising and probably even the ellipse jig for the router will
likely go unused.

On Thu, 24 May 2007 23:08:03 -0400, "Stoutman" .@. wrote:

Very cool! Can you snap a few close ups of the carved sections?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Here ya go!

The mirror hangs flush to the wall and is held totally secure by two
hollow wall anchors into keyholes on the back of the frame.

I wish to note that this is not my design, it is David Marks from his
program Wood Works. The actual detail of the mirror is mine. David
does NOT give enough info to copy his. I could only make mine look
like his.

snip

I thought it looked a little familiar:

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/ww_dec...277964,00.html

I think I like yours better. Nicely done! Thanks for the extra pictures!

fixing mirror - mirror screws and bushes sm_jamieson UK diy 0 April 23rd 07 01:29 PM
Car mirror heater pad Dave Plowman (News) Electronics Repair 12 October 1st 06 09:59 PM
where to get mirror? J Home Repair 11 May 11th 06 10:13 PM
making a mirror Sam the Cat Woodworking 13 October 25th 04 08:48 PM
how to cut a mirror? Ah10201 Woodworking 9 May 18th 04 01:35 AM