Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Not your daddy's Duct Tape

"3M's Performance Plus Nuclear Grade Duct Tape. It doesn't appear to be
particularly radiation resistant, but it does feature clean removal indoors
and outdoors after up to 6 months. It's waterproof and you can write on
it..."

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2009/02/23/3m...ade-duct-tape/

It also cures bee-bites, repels sharks, restrains mad pit bulls, replaces
towing chains, cures cancer, and can be used to craft wedding gowns. It does
more than the Republicans claim for tax cuts.

It is The Force (with both a light side and a dark side).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 28, 8:56*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
"3M's Performance Plus Nuclear Grade Duct Tape. It doesn't appear to be
particularly radiation resistant, but it does feature clean removal indoors
and outdoors after up to 6 months. It's waterproof and you can write on
it..."

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2009/02/23/3m...ade-duct-tape/

It also cures bee-bites, repels sharks, restrains mad pit bulls, replaces
towing chains, cures cancer, and can be used to craft wedding gowns. It does
more than the Republicans claim for tax cuts.

It is The Force (with both a light side and a dark side).

I still swear by aluminum tape the real duct tape
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 19:04:40 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Feb 28, 8:56*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
"3M's Performance Plus Nuclear Grade Duct Tape. It doesn't appear to be
particularly radiation resistant, but it does feature clean removal indoors
and outdoors after up to 6 months. It's waterproof and you can write on
it..."

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2009/02/23/3m...ade-duct-tape/

It also cures bee-bites, repels sharks, restrains mad pit bulls, replaces
towing chains, cures cancer, and can be used to craft wedding gowns. It does
more than the Republicans claim for tax cuts.

It is The Force (with both a light side and a dark side).

I still swear by aluminum tape the real duct tape

But, the 2009 Duct Tape Page-A-Day Calendar* can help.

Without a life preserver you can tape Styrofoam around your body.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 28, 8:56 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
"3M's Performance Plus Nuclear Grade Duct Tape. It doesn't appear to be
particularly radiation resistant, but it does feature clean removal indoors
and outdoors after up to 6 months. It's waterproof and you can write on
it..."

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2009/02/23/3m...ade-duct-tape/

I don't see the word "nuclear" on the package label. As the other guy
said give me the real aluminum tape.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Davej wrote:
On Feb 28, 8:56 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
"3M's Performance Plus Nuclear Grade Duct Tape. It doesn't appear to be
particularly radiation resistant, but it does feature clean removal indoors
and outdoors after up to 6 months. It's waterproof and you can write on
it..."

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2009/02/23/3m...ade-duct-tape/

I don't see the word "nuclear" on the package label. As the other guy
said give me the real aluminum tape.

For HVAC work on clean metal, aluminum wins. For other applications,
especially where you need a lot of it, not so much, due to the high cost
of the metal tape. I wish civilians could easily buy Gaffer Tape, which
is more like what the gray cloth duct tape used to be like. The modern
'easy tear' gray stuff in the stores isn't nearly as sticky as I
remember from my youth. I understand the military used to have a cloth
tape called '100mph' tape, which was highly thought of, but I have never
seen it personally.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
"3M's Performance Plus Nuclear Grade Duct Tape. It doesn't appear to be
particularly radiation resistant, but it does feature clean removal indoors
and outdoors after up to 6 months. It's waterproof and you can write on
it..."

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2009/02/23/3m...ade-duct-tape/

It also cures bee-bites, repels sharks, restrains mad pit bulls, replaces
towing chains, cures cancer, and can be used to craft wedding gowns. It does
more than the Republicans claim for tax cuts.

It is The Force (with both a light side and a dark side).

It looks just like the pre big box quality cloth duct tape that you
brought along on your camping expedition and could successfully use to
tape your canoe back together or for many similar uses.

And the article is also particularly lame because the metal duct tapes
are designed and appropriate for higher temperature applications.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Davej wrote in
:

On Feb 28, 8:56 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
"3M's Performance Plus Nuclear Grade Duct Tape. It doesn't appear to
be particularly radiation resistant, but it does feature clean
removal indoors and outdoors after up to 6 months. It's waterproof
and you can write on it..."

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2009/02/23/3m...ade-duct-tape/

I don't see the word "nuclear" on the package label. As the other guy
said give me the real aluminum tape.

The pic shown is for #8979. There is also a #8979N Nuclear Grade. Probably
defined in the UL ratings in the data sheet. All moot though. There's no
stamp of approval by the Possum Lake City Counsel which means it ain't no
better than that stinkin' Mainstays Duck Tape crap.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

On Mar 1, 7:03*am, aemeijers wrote:

I understand the military used to have a cloth
tape called '100mph' tape, which was highly thought of, but I have never
seen it personally.

I think they downgraded it to 90mph. I'd like to see/try the NASCAR
tape that holds fenders and other body parts on at 200mph.

Red

Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:

Davej wrote:
On Feb 28, 8:56 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
[...]

Gaff tape is readily available, just not at Home Depot. Just check your
local yellow pages for theatrical lighting supply places, they'll have
plenty of it for sale.
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:
Davej wrote:
On Feb 28, 8:56 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
[...]

You can buy quality tape just not at big box. My buddy built an airplane
and used cloth duct tape for the fairings etc that he didn't yet
fabricate in order to do testing. I was over my other buddies the other
day and he retrieved some bundles that had been sitting behind the
garage for many years that had been taped together with good (not big
box) cloth duct tape and the tape was almost like new. He had used the
tape we used to bring when going camping. You could almost repair
anything with it.