Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Compare...

These pictures of three recent presidents as they help around the house:

Reagan
http://www.lucianne.com/images/lucia...2009-02-26.jpg

Bush
http://www.lucianne.com/images/lucia...2009-02-26.jpg

Obama
http://www.lucianne.com/images/lucia...2009-02-26.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:

These pictures of three recent presidents as they help around the
house:

Two of whom were able to speak in complete sentences....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/27/2009 7:26 PM DGDevin spake thus:

HeyBub wrote:

These pictures of three recent presidents as they help around the
house:

Two of whom were able to speak in complete sentences....

.... although one of those two could only do so when said sentences were
in the script ...

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair

Posted to alt.home.repair

DGDevin wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

These pictures of three recent presidents as they help around the
house:

Two of whom were able to speak in complete sentences....

Proper communication is not necessary when describing repairs.

Dilbert: "I think it's the carburetor"
Mechanic: "WHAT?"
Dilbert: "I think it's the *&##$* carburetor"
Mechanic: "Well, why didn't you say so?"

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
These pictures of three recent presidents as they help around the house:

Reagan
http://www.lucianne.com/images/lucia...2009-02-26.jpg

Bush
http://www.lucianne.com/images/lucia...2009-02-26.jpg

Obama
http://www.lucianne.com/images/lucia...2009-02-26.jpg

I'd say, BO looks the most pussified
Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:

These pictures of three recent presidents as they help around the
house:

Two of whom were able to speak in complete sentences....

... although one of those two could only do so when said sentences were
in the script ...

Typical liberal lunacy, completely at odds with the truth. Anyone
that knows even a bit about Ronald Reagan knows of the extensive
articles, op ed pieces, and speeches he wrote himself for decades
before he ever became president. The Regan library is chock full of
them in his own handwriting. And his ability to contemporaneously
deliver speeches, without benefit of a teleprompter or written speech,
was legendary. A classic example was at the 1976 GOP convention.
Gerald Ford had defeated Reagan for the nomination. After he accepted
the nomination, he decided on the spur of the moment to wave to Reagan
and beckon him to come down to the podium. Reagan, reluctant at
first, finally did and delivered an unprepared speech, that to the
chagrin of Ford, resulted in a greater standing ovation than the
president himself had received. At that moment, most of those at the
convention knew they had nominated the wrong man.

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that
doesn't work, I stay in business. Incidentally, my company motto is
"If this stuff worked, you wouldn't need me".

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
[...]

Perhaps he still had it in '76. But by about year 3 of his first term,
it was slipping away. By the end of his second term, several years
before he publicly announced his Alzheimer's, he was very dependent on
scripts and teleprompters. I'm not saying that as a slam- gotta give the
man credit for being a hell of a public speaker, with great stage
presence, right up until the end, almost. But that was technique and
craft from all those years as an actor. POTUS is a high-stress job- it
takes a toll on a young strong man (or woman, one of these days.) Reagan
was old when he went in.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Are you aware that you posted the same link, three times?

Still, it's funny.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
These pictures of three recent presidents as they help
around the house:

Reagan
http://www.lucianne.com/images/lucia...2009-02-26.jpg

Bush
http://www.lucianne.com/images/lucia...2009-02-26.jpg

Obama
http://www.lucianne.com/images/lucia...2009-02-26.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Are you aware that you posted the same link, three times?

Still, it's funny.

Yeah, I thought it was worth it.

Plus I followed the dictum: "Tell 'em what you're gonna tell em, tell 'em,
then tell 'em what you told them."

Or, I made a mistake.

Frankly, I don't remember which it was.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , " wrote:

GWB the most intellectually
incurious dolt ever elected to office higher than dog-catcher.

Hardly. At least one person tops him in that regard: B. Patrick Bauer, the
Speaker of the Indiana House of Representatives.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Next time, tell us what you REALLY feel.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
m...

Ronnie was a good actor, with good timing. GWB the most
intellectually
incurious dolt ever elected to office higher than
dog-catcher.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've taken to carrying index cards in my shirt pocket. Don't
feel bad. Sometimes I forget what I was writing, right in
the middle of nick of time don't you think the way that
worked out, with the way the parts arrived on the UPS two
days ago just in time for the meeting next week with the
customer?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus