Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Finish Nail Gun?

On Feb 27, 10:44*am, Davej wrote:
On Feb 11, 4:35 pm, Davej wrote:

Anyone have the 15 gauge Harbor Freight gun? Or other recommendations?

Ok, I learned something. If you buy a finish gun be sure to get one
with a rubber "no mar" tip. If you buy an older gun like I did it
might not have one. When you fire the gun it tends to bounce and a
metal tip will dent soft wood.

I have a newer PC finish nailer and brad nailer. Both will dent Pine
even though they have the rubber tips. It is a finesse thing, you
have to press hard enough that it won't bounce and dent the wood but
not so hard that it dents the wood just from pushing.

Practice makes perfect.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Toe Dipper" wrote in message
On Feb 27, 10:44 am, Davej wrote:
On Feb 11, 4:35 pm, Davej wrote:

Anyone have the 15 gauge Harbor Freight gun? Or other recommendations?

Ok, I learned something. If you buy a finish gun be sure to get one
with a rubber "no mar" tip. If you buy an older gun like I did it
might not have one. When you fire the gun it tends to bounce and a
metal tip will dent soft wood.

I have a newer PC finish nailer and brad nailer. Both will dent Pine
even though they have the rubber tips. It is a finesse thing, you
have to press hard enough that it won't bounce and dent the wood but
not so hard that it dents the wood just from pushing.

Practice makes perfect.

Reply: tweaking the adjustment screw helps, too.

Finish Nail Gun? 15ga - 16ga - 18ga ? Davej Home Repair 15 February 18th 09 02:34 AM
Finish Nail Gun? Davej Home Repair 23 February 13th 09 06:34 AM
concrete nails/coil nail/roofing nail/umbrella nail Bruce Chow Home Repair 0 November 22nd 05 02:32 AM
Need Advice of Finish Nail Gun to Buy - 15 or 16 gauge makesawdust Woodworking 7 January 31st 05 04:03 PM
Is there a difference btw a Finish nail gun and Brad nail gun? dteckie Woodworking 4 September 10th 04 12:03 PM